FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DirecTV Genie/Serviio/Media Share

<<

joshcoop

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:43 am

DirecTV Genie/Serviio/Media Share

Hi there, everyone!
I am hoping someone can help me....I am desperate!

I had 4 HR23's (HD DVR) in my home and always used Serviio v 1.1 to stream my movies from my PC to my TV's without a problem.
This past Friday I upgraded my entire DirecTV system to the Genie (HR34) and did not change a thing on my PC and cannot watch movies. My computer shows up on my TV (via my Genie) and I can see the list of my movies (via Serviio), but every single movie has a "X" to the left of the title. I can still stream my music perfectly fine.
I did some research and found things that said that "Serviio does not support the file type I am trying to play" which is not true because they played just fine up until I got the Genie this past Friday.

I run Windows 7 and like I said, I have not made any changes to Serviio or my PC since this upgrade with DirecTV.

Anyone have any suggestions? I would appreciate any help at all! I see people posting "logs" and people asking for "logs", so if anyone needs these from me, I will need to know where to go and how to get them. I have no clue what they are (Sorry).

Thanks in advance,
Josh
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: DirecTV Genie/Serviio/Media Share

I'm sure you read this? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1289

Make sure you select the DirecTv profile in the console.
<<

bpcleary

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi Josh,

Did you ever get this resolved? I looked through the site and was unable to find a solution and am having the exact issue. I have two HR24s that are still working fine, the issue is only with the Genie.

Thanks,

Brian
<<

danneauxs

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:13 am

Anything?

I have the same issue.
I found that if I restart Serviio I can go to my Genie and play a Genie unsupported file format.
BUT if I exit that area of the Genie menu system, even so much as backing out to where I can select a different computer I get the "x"'s if I go back into serviio. Once I reset it works again for one time.

Haven't done more than that for experimentation. I Do have the correct profile selected.

Danneauxs
<<

rrp

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 pm

I am having the same problem! Very frustrating having to reboot my computer and the genie system each time you want to watch a movie. There has to be a solution!

Return to Serviio Support & Help