FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Play music from the web browser.

<<

Tomatito

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Play music from the web browser.

I have a question regarding music playback from web browser that's not going to exit my Yamaha Av, it only plays on my laptop, it is my mistake or can not play outside my Yamaha Av from the web browser, I want to control playback Serviio on the Yamaha, is this possible? Thanks for any clarification.
<<

grolschie

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Play music from the web browser.

More info please. A Yamaha AV Receiver with a built-in web browser? If so, I would imagine that it might not support Adobe Flash Player - which is needed for Serviio's MediaBrowser.
Using Serviio on Debian "Wheezy" with Xbox 360, Sony BDP-S370 & Panasonic E6.
<<

Tomatito

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:13 pm

Yes, a Yamaha RX-V773. I mean the Serveiio web browser. Currently I can I play from my laptop by ethernet to Yamaha through GUPnP (https://live.gnome.org/GUPnP/), see here my music library and control playback to Yamaha, but GUPnP has a very simple interface and stops at every track. My question is why Serveiio web browser playback on the laptop speakers and not in the Yamaha. Serveiio web browser is a good interface library, but how I can get playback on the Yamaha?
<<

grolschie

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:23 pm

Serviio doesn't have a web browser. It has a web server which you can access the MediaBrowser webpage content using any Adobe Flash (10+ I think) supported web browser on any computer on your network.

I suspect that what you are asking is for Serviio to act as a DLNA Media Controller to push audio to a DLNA Renderer from it's web page?
<<

Tomatito

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Yes, that is right. Sorry this is all new to me and takes me a while to understand it. I can use the Serveiio web in this way?
<<

grolschie

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:13 am

You would need a Digital Media Controller (DMC) application. Your Yamaha RX-V773 is classified as an Digital Media Renderer (DMR). Therefore, if you use a DMC, you should be able to use that to browse a Digital Media Server (DMS) i.e. Serviio, select your file, and then send it to your DMR (i.e your Yamaha).

For example, I tested this process with "AV Media Controller" from Intel's Developer Tools for UPnP to browse Serviio and send an MP3 file to the Xbox 360. For convenience, you might be able to download a DMC app for a smartphone, or tablet, etc.
<<

Tomatito

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Thanks for your help. That information has clarified my ideas, I know which way to look. Now I'm trying with "Kinsky" but the problem is stability and not playing flac.... is hard, thanks

Return to Serviio Support & Help