FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to create playlist

<<

chrismallia

Serviio lover

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:30 pm

How to create playlist

Is there a way I can create custom playlist to categorize movies for example hd horror ezzz
server running serviio PRO and media browser Intel dual core g2030 3.0Ghz 8gb dd3 ram Microsoft windows server 2012 gigabit network . Devices Sony KDL55W805A, ps3, 2 sony bravia 2011, 5 android devices 2 of them samsung galaxy s3 running bubble upnp and serviigo, netgem netbox , 2 laptops XBMC windows 8
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: How to create playlist

You have to use a program that will produce one of the supported playlist formats, e.g. .pls, .m3u etc
<<

chrismallia

Serviio lover

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:48 am

Thanks and once I have created a playlist for example with itunes and export it, how do i import it in serviio? thanks for your kind help
server running serviio PRO and media browser Intel dual core g2030 3.0Ghz 8gb dd3 ram Microsoft windows server 2012 gigabit network . Devices Sony KDL55W805A, ps3, 2 sony bravia 2011, 5 android devices 2 of them samsung galaxy s3 running bubble upnp and serviigo, netgem netbox , 2 laptops XBMC windows 8
<<

chrismallia

Serviio lover

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:56 am

and could a program be suggested that creates playlists thanks ?
<<

zip

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:18 pm

chrismallia wrote:and could a program be suggested that creates playlists thanks ?

try in the tools forum here or use google

Then just copy the playlist file in one of your shared folders
<<

chrismallia

Serviio lover

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:59 am

Thank you for your great help Serviio is the best believe me I tried all media servers that exist for months this is the best there is.
<<

JunJun

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:35 am

I have the same question... though it might be a different case since it's for online videos.
I use this Youtube channel http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/ANNnewsCH/uploads?v=2
to access some Japanese TV News, but the videos are about 1mn long, and my player doesn't play them in a row.
I have to watch them one by one which is not convenient at all. It's the same with other videos...
Is there a way to launch a video and the other ones follow automatically ??

For some reason, I don't have this problem with audio medias...

Thanks!
<<

zip

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:39 am

JunJun wrote:I have the same question... though it might be a different case since it's for online videos.
I use this Youtube channel http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/ANNnewsCH/uploads?v=2
to access some Japanese TV News, but the videos are about 1mn long, and my player doesn't play them in a row.
I have to watch them one by one which is not convenient at all. It's the same with other videos...
Is there a way to launch a video and the other ones follow automatically ??

For some reason, I don't have this problem with audio medias...

Thanks!

It's up to the TV.
<<

JunJun

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:52 am

ok.... I'll see when I have a new TV then ... :roll:
thanks
<<

chrismallia

Serviio lover

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:54 am

Hi i created a pls playlist with playlist creator I also created playlist with vlc and windows media player, when I put any one of them iin the shared folder serviio does not display it any help thanks. I am trying to create a movie playlist btw I also tried a m3u playliast but mouthing
<<

zip

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:26 pm

They should be under Playlists in the Video menu. Do you have the menu item enabled in Presentation settings?
<<

chrismallia

Serviio lover

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:09 pm

zip wrote:They should be under Playlists in the Video menu. Do you have the menu item enabled in Presentation settings?

OOps that what was wrong I had the playlist disabled thanks bro
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:42 am

OK, I downloaded something called Playlist Creator 3. Very simple, created a playlist and voila, it was in the Playlists folder almost immediately. However, it was named my_default_playlist, and I couldn't find anywhere to change it. So I created a 2nd playlist. Now nothing showed up. I tinkered with different playlist versions (.pls, .m3u), no change. After about 5 minutes, suddenly there were 2 playlists displayed, with the file name as the playlist name. Humm, let's try another one. I created a very large playlist, still using the .pls version. It's now been close to 20 minutes and the 3rd playlist still isn't listed. I created a 4th list with only a few titles. Still not showing.

I revised the title order in one of the lists that is displayed, and the revised order was displayed within 5 minutes. So the question is, is there a limit to the number of titles that can be added to a playlist, or other format requirements for them? I've searched the forum and Wiki and can't find any guidance on playlists.

EDIT: Well never mind. They showed up in the list after I manually refreshed the library. I thought the first ones showed up automatically, but it must just have been the timing of the auto-refresh. All four lists are now shown, and all is well. Man, sometimes I just have to have a little patience... Yeah, right! :lol:
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

chrismallia

Serviio lover

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:04 pm

atc98092 wrote:OK, I downloaded something called Playlist Creator 3. Very simple, created a playlist and voila, it was in the Playlists folder almost immediately. However, it was named my_default_playlist, and I couldn't find anywhere to change it. So I created a 2nd playlist. Now nothing showed up. I tinkered with different playlist versions (.pls, .m3u), no change. After about 5 minutes, suddenly there were 2 playlists displayed, with the file name as the playlist name. Humm, let's try another one. I created a very large playlist, still using the .pls version. It's now been close to 20 minutes and the 3rd playlist still isn't listed. I created a 4th list with only a few titles. Still not showing.

I revised the title order in one of the lists that is displayed, and the revised order was displayed within 5 minutes. So the question is, is there a limit to the number of titles that can be added to a playlist, or other format requirements for them? I've searched the forum and Wiki and can't find any guidance on playlists.

EDIT: Well never mind. They showed up in the list after I manually refreshed the library. I thought the first ones showed up automatically, but it must just have been the timing of the auto-refresh. All four lists are now shown, and all is well. Man, sometimes I just have to have a little patience... Yeah, right! :lol:

Yes I use the same program for playlists it is very good. As for yhr force refresh it happens to me also and sometimes it takes a while for them to show up, also when I update the playlist, well maby there is something that will be fix in the future regards to all
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Serviio is always parsing, one source at a time. So if there are other items waiting to be parsed yours gets added to the end of the queue and you will have to wait for its turn.
<<

chrismallia

Serviio lover

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 pm

jhb50 wrote:Serviio is always parsing, one source at a time. So if there are other items waiting to be parsed yours gets added to the end of the queue and you will have to wait for its turn.

Thanks for letting us know. And I love the way serviio handles playlist I mean that I create a playlist than slip it in a shared folder, this way I always have a backup of my playlist and if I have to reinstall the pc my playlists are backed up I just slip them back in, unlike other programs they create the playlist using the program its self but if sonething happens for example re install pc you will have to re do all playlists. SERVIIO IS THE BEST keep up your great work guysm and thank you for the great help I find in this forum.
<<

jburchel

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:57 am

Was the source ever made read only public? It would be very nice to be able to at least suggest improvement edits, like making parsing multithreaded, or allowing sort orders to be changed at will to any property, etc. These are very desirable features.

jhb50 wrote:Serviio is always parsing, one source at a time. So if there are other items waiting to be parsed yours gets added to the end of the queue and you will have to wait for its turn.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:43 am

Submit a ticket with mod requests.

Return to Serviio Support & Help