Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Intro and Questions

Hello all. I'm new to Serviio and this forum. Thanks in advance for your help.

I had dipped my toes in the water with streaming products as far back as the OmniFi and Philips Streamium products, and had used other media sharing products like Twonky in the past. Eventually I gave up because of limitations of hardware, wireless bandwidth, having to babysitting links, etc.

I run WHS2011 on a C2D Shuttle XPC with 4GB of RAM. I stream over a 2.4GHz "n" network to an LG BD650. I use the WHS2011 add-in, and I have updated Serviio to ver 1.2 on the server via Remote Desktop. I have no problems streaming audio, video, and images, including *.mkv files on my WHS2011 folders. For that, I'm appreciative.

I am having very limited success so far with RSS feeds and streaming video, including the ones in the predefined "groovy" zips. This experience brings to mind the kind of fussing that turned me off from attempting these solutions in the past. I'm not interested in having a bazillion media choices, since navigation on the LGBD650 is slow and painful. I would like it to be easier and quicker to add content like Fora.TV, Charlie Rose and other PBS video content. I'd also like to be able to quickly subscribe and unsubscribe to feeds.

I'm wondering if anyone has instead run Miro on their servers to save content, and then shared the saved content to their client devices via Serviio?

Thanks in advance.

-austingonzo