FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Playing with the 360

<<

selfsimilar

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Playing with the 360

I was able to get Serviio 0.3.1 installed and running under Ubuntu 9.10 with total ease. The only hiccups were related to my general rustiness with Linux at present. It would be nice to have it available in rpm and deb packages at some point. Needless to say I'm really impressed with Serviio and am really looking forward to its further development. As far as using my Xbox 360 as a client goes it worked more pretty much exactly as expected.

With the Xbox 360 in mind I'd like to see support for audio play lists. If I don't recall incorrectly I believe the Xbox 360 supports WMP's WPL play lists. Play lists add a lot of flexibility IMO, especially on the Xbox 360 where you might be listening to audio while playing a game.

I'd also like to see support for cover art if possible. I believe album covers work when using WMP's media sharing, and it might also thumbnail videos. I don't recall. That's a pretty minor wish list type item though as it doesn't affect much in my case. It's just aesthetics.

Finally, is there a way to modify how Serviio presents its library? As in, I'd personally rather just see a folder view when browsing videos rather than having to wade through the different categories like "By Genre" and "By Actor", etc. Can I turn those off entirely? Again, this is more of an aesthetic thing than a usability thing for me. I'm sure if I had a bigger, more varied library I'd prefer it the way it is now.

Please excuse any incorrect terminology or just plain ignorance. The whole subject of media sharing protocols and the like are all pretty new to me. Thanks!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Re: Playing with the 360

selfsimilar wrote:I'd also like to see support for cover art if possible. I believe album covers work when using WMP's media sharing, and it might also thumbnail videos. I don't recall. That's a pretty minor wish list type item though as it doesn't affect much in my case. It's just aesthetics.

I don't think it's possible on 360. Video thumbnail only works when playing from a USB disk, audio I have no idea.

Finally, is there a way to modify how Serviio presents its library?

This is planned for 0.5 ATM.

For the playlist, create a feature request in my issue tracking system.
<<

selfsimilar

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: Playing with the 360

zip wrote:This is planned for 0.5 ATM.

For the playlist, create a feature request in my issue tracking system.

Excellent, thanks!

Return to User experiences