Post Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:04 am

PC will not shut down

Hi.

This may not be related to serviio at all. I recently bought an Acer laptop installed serviio and have to say its brilliant. I keep my laptop on all the time powered b the adapter so it wasnt until some time later i noticed my PC would not shut down "start right click shut down" im running windows 8.1 and this has baffled me. i tried everything from stopping every service 1 by one "including serviio" and thn booting in safe mode and still it will not shut down? i then sent it away for repair they rebooted the laptop swapped the HDD and sent it back and it was fine. I then updated the laptop with vulnerability updates, installed AVG security then put serviio back on and i can no longer shut the PC down again?
Im really just wondering if anyone has come across this before as it is just so frustrating.

To note before i sent the laptop for repair i had a unified remote on it, which when shutting down via the remote it let me shut down??? strange? i have uninstalled serviii now but the problem is stil there, does that say that servioo isnt the problem, or has an element of the install caused this? i really just want to rule out servioo as the issue