FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sony Bravia/Sony Wireless BR-Video keeps stopping

<<

Kelli

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:19 am

Sony Bravia/Sony Wireless BR-Video keeps stopping

I am using a Sony Bravia TV and a wireless Sony Bluray. I can see my movies on my bluray player through serviio and I can play them but they keep stopping and starting. It's as if it's streaming. I don't know anything about this kind of media so I'm wondering if this is normal or is there a setting I need to adjust. I'm on a Mac, OS 10.6.5 Snow Leopard. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:28 am

Re: Sony Bravia/Sony Wireless BR-Video keeps stopping

your network cant cope streaming the file over wireless your best bet is to run it wired.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Kelli

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:04 am

Thanks for the response. If my network can't cope with streaming the files, it kind of defeats paying the extra money for wireless! Running a cable would be doable but it would be similar to running an extension cord because the TV and computer are not in the same geographical location at all.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Yep wireless is great for surfing the net in the garden but anything more than that it pretty useless. Gamer have had this same issue for years sadly and its never been improve on to any great extent.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Christopher_Povey

Serviio lover

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Kelli wrote:Thanks for the response. If my network can't cope with streaming the files, it kind of defeats paying the extra money for wireless! Running a cable would be doable but it would be similar to running an extension cord because the TV and computer are not in the same geographical location at all.

If the PC and TV are on the same mains ring you could get Devolo 85Mbps High-Speed Networking Over the Mains kit. It channels you network through your existing mains wiring. It is how my PC (upstairs with the internet router) allows my TV and Blu-ray player down stairs to use the Internet and Serviio.
Chris

Running Serviio on Intel Q6700 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PC feeding a Sony BDP-S570, Pansonic TX-L37G20B, and a XBox 360.
Managed with Serviidroid via HTC One X
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:05 am

Christopher_Povey wrote:...If the PC and TV are on the same mains ring you could get Devolo 85Mbps High-Speed Networking Over the Mains kit. It channels you network through your existing mains wiring. It is how my PC (upstairs with the internet router) allows my TV and Blu-ray player down stairs to use the Internet and Serviio.

Be careful, Devolo 85Mbps High-Speed Networking, has 85Mpbs physical bitrate but limited to
▪ UDP : 25 Mbits/s
▪ TCP : 20 Mbits/s
For HD movies that could reached 30Mbps, its too low, you may use 200Mbpsthat be limited to:
▪ UDP : 90 Mbits/s
▪ TCP : 65 Mbits/s
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Illico wrote:
Christopher_Povey wrote:...If the PC and TV are on the same mains ring you could get Devolo 85Mbps High-Speed Networking Over the Mains kit. It channels you network through your existing mains wiring. It is how my PC (upstairs with the internet router) allows my TV and Blu-ray player down stairs to use the Internet and Serviio.

Be careful, Devolo 85Mbps High-Speed Networking, has 85Mpbs physical bitrate but limited to
▪ UDP : 25 Mbits/s
▪ TCP : 20 Mbits/s
For HD movies that could reached 30Mbps, its too low, you may use 200Mbpsthat be limited to:
▪ UDP : 90 Mbits/s
▪ TCP : 65 Mbits/s

i second that not a good idea...
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Return to User experiences