FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sync issues & blank screen after pause - help!

<<

Johnjoe

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:13 pm

Sync issues & blank screen after pause - help!

I've been using Serviio without issue for ages now - but it's recently developed a really annoying problem.
Before, if audio occasionally fell out of sync, a quick Pause & Restart would usually sort it out.
Since the latest update, 1.5.1, every video I try to watch falls out of sync after about 5 minutes. When I pause & restart, the audio plays but the picture stops moving - if I leave the video & return to it, the audio plays but the screen remains black. I can start other videos in my library, the same happens - if I return to any videos I've tried playing like this, only their audio will play. Can anyone help? I'm using the Bravia 2010 profile on a KDL-40EX403 which has always worked well before. :?:
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Sync issues & blank screen after pause - help!

try the latest ffmpeg
<<

Johnjoe

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. I've now tried the latest ffmpeg and have even removed & reinstalled serviio and it's still the same. Only .mp4 files seem to be effected - audio goes out of sync within a few minutes and resuming from pause results in a black screen with audio playing. The black screen even remains after a complete system reboot. Any other ideas?
<<

Nodrog

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 10, 2015 9:09 am

I'd just like to add weight to Johnjoe's issue. I'm experiencing exactly the same issue.
It appeared when I upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.5.1.
I will try updating ffmpeg and move to 1.5.2 and report back.
<<

Nodrog

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 11, 2015 7:13 pm

I downloaded the latest ffmpeg win build [ffmpeg-20150507-git-9253cc4-win32-static.7z] from http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ and swapped in the ffmpeg.exe

This appears (from a quick test) to have fixed the issue- at least for an mpeg that I know was showing the symptom.
<<

Zebbedy

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 17, 2015 7:12 pm

I am having the same problems and updating the ffmpeg.exe does not seem to sort it.

It is a bit frustrating since we were using V1.2 which was working fine before upgrading to 1.5.2 with the exception of a few recent movie downloads being quite jerky and sound being out of whack. So I figured it was time for an upgrade which may solve that problem. Wrong....

The reason we were using V1.2 was that when we upgraded to 1.3, and later 1.4, some of our regular files we had already watched would not run at all. So we went back the the "stable" 1.2.

Now we cannot pause/play toggle to resync audio or FF/RWD to other points in the file without getting black screen with audio only.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue May 19, 2015 11:44 am

Is this with 1.2? If yes, that would mean Serviio is not to blame and it's either your network or an update to the TVs firmware.

Return to User experiences