Tim9898

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:57 am

File naming on Win10 (since no WMC)

Since migrating to Win10 I am no longer able to name TV Shows like,
Grey's Anatomy-S10E19-I'm Winning.mp4.

Instead they now look like,
Blue Bloods - S2016E14 - The Road to Hell.mp4

Yes I know that Serviio doesn't rename files, however it does not organize a year-based filename into season-based folders. So only navigation by folder now works.
I just want things to work like they did before Win10, and I can no longer get filenames to be season-based.

My setup: HDHomeRun tuner card;
MCEBuddy;
either jRiver MediaCenter -OR- NextPVR;
Servio

I thought I would start with the Serviio forum, then try others.
Ideas appreciated.
Thanks
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:14 am

Re: File naming on Win10 (since no WMC)

I'm confused - why are you no longer able to name your files??

What is doing the file naming? If it is MCEBuddy then believe you you can set it to name the file according to your previous scheme (ie SxxEyy): https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/wikipag ... 20Commands
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:28 pm

Use Fliebot for file naming, and you won't have any issues. I also am curious about how you are currently naming files.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Tim9898

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:55 pm

MCEBuddy is not renaming the file with series/episode as desired because that information is not in the .xml file that JRiver creates. (I presume that season/episode used to be in the .wtv file that WMC used to create.)

-- I do appreciate help from this forum. To continue using Serviio's "organize shows by season", I think I need to get season/episode into the file name in the form, "SxxExx".

I don't know how to get "SxxExx" with NextPVR or with JRiver, but with JRiver I see an xml file being generated that MCEBuddy should use, but the xml file defines the season represented as the episode's release year instead -please see attachment:

The recorded ts file name is: The Good Wife - S2016E16 - The Good Wife.ts
The "sidecar" .xml file name is: The Good Wife - S2016E16 - The Good Wife_ts_JRSidecar.xml

These two file name obviously differ. Is that a problem for MCEBuddy, since its documentation says,
"Using Custom Filenames and Custom Metadata (v2.3.12+)
If you're using a WTV or DVRMS file, then MCEBuddy will extract the metadata from them directly.
Otherwise, MCEBuddy looks for a XML metadata file along with the original source video (with the same source video filename). It uses this file to extract Metadata information for non WTV/DVRMS files."

The (to large to attach) MCBuddy log file can be found here:
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/tim- ... -08-00.log

The log shows
Genres: Season: 0
Episode: 0
for this conversion, so clearly it fails to get this information, which later causes it not to include "SxxExx" in the converted file name.

Thanks again for any ideas.
Attachments
The Good Wife - S2016E16 - The Good Wife_ts_JRSidecar.xml
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
<<

Tim9898

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:33 pm

Thanks for the FileBot suggestion. It works well. I also set MCEbuddy to not rename my files, since FileBot did a better job.
Attached is a .jpg of the MCEBuddy setting.

Later I may automate FileBot to monitor my recording folder and automatically rename/move files. For me, writing a PowerShell script to monitor a folder and launch FileBot via its CLI interface should be easiest. (I do see the FileBot CLI documentation, but I still expect some effort to get it working.)

Thanks again to all responders.
Attachments
MCEBuddy.jpg
MCEBuddy.jpg (104.71 KiB) Viewed 7046 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 pm

While I do run Windows Media Center on one computer (solely for recording off the air movies), I've never looked at MCEBuddy. Maybe I should :D
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Rosales_Network

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:18 am

I use mp3tag

I also use powershell to rename some files in bulk. Mp3tag will automate files in bulk too

message me if you want a remote session. Paypal Friendly

Return to User experiences