FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Server status?

<<

jbaldus

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:25 am

Server status?

Hi all!

I'm new to Serviio, having used ..... pretty much every other media server.

I'd like to say that installation was moderately pain free.... installed on Ubuntu server 16.04 without issue. My Kodi media box detected the media server without issue and even streamed subtitles on anime just fine! (very impressive imo).

The thing that is killing me, is there is virtually NO server status. No currently streaming devices, no current resource usage, I mean .... nothing.

By "virtually NO" I mean, status page lets me know that the server is in fact running....... and that's all. ALL.

If an interface is responding as expecting, does anyone need to know that it's RUNNING? I got that from the fact that the web interface is there and that attached devices can connect.

Are there any plans to implement useful information? Like.... streams currently being served, transcoding status, used cache/mem, cpu usage, and anything else that might tell us how the server is performing?

Thus far, I love HOW it works! I'd just like to know how WELL it works, so I can stream to multiple devices and get an idea about how or where it falls short. In my opinion "server status" should show a LOT more than "running." I searched Google and this site for any documents regarding server status and came up with nothing.

I hope I'm posting in the right place. I suppose this could also or rather be posted in "feature requests," but to me seems a gross lack of user experience.

Best regards
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:05 am

Re: Server status?

Hi,

some streaming notifications will come in 1.8. The server status is the status of the DLNA component, you can turn it off and still have the process running.

For memory / cpu stats, not planned so far. You can always use top on Linux or similar as a workaround.
<<

superalex

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:29 pm

Re: Server status?

Bump - excellent product, but would want to see some statistics on network / CPU / current clients.

As soon as this is added I'll purchase Pro.

Return to User experiences