FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Serviio 1.8 slow and unstable

<<

Wacio

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:10 am

New Serviio 1.8 slow and unstable

I was using 1.6 without issues for last couple of years - installed in fresh Windows 10 Pro computer. Decided to update to version 1.8 and have nothing but problems. Very slow menu refresh on all of my devices and frequent freezes where Serviio is not presenting to renderers at all, and when opening console it comes up with blank white window and never progresses to menus. Even after reboot console is ridiculously slow (was instant in ver 1.6). I'm thinking about reverting to ver 1.6. But would like to give new one chance - any suggestions?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: New Serviio 1.8 slow and unstable

I'm running 1.8 on Windows 10 Pro with no issues. Since a downgrade to 1.6 would require removing 1.8 (not installing over the top), I suggest a clean 1.8 install first. The uninstall and re-install doesn't take too long, but depending on the size of your library it might take a little time to build the database. With my roughly 3500 video files it took about an hour to index everything. Then see if the issues are still present. If they are, there must be something else installed in the computer causing incompatibility, although I have no idea what that might be.

If the problem does continue, I suggest running it for a short time with debug logging enabled, and then send the log to Zip to see if anything appears there. I know he's working on the next release, although I have no idea when it might be available. If there's something in there that he can identify, it might be able to get it into the build.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Luckyfriend222

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri May 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: New Serviio 1.8 slow and unstable

I am also experiencing problems, problems which should not be there.

Details here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23783

Return to User experiences