FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MP4 URL livestream not recognised

<<

techwhizz

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:40 pm

MP4 URL livestream not recognised

Hello,

I have recently been trying to see if I can get any mp4 videos to play on Serviio, I am not sure about it but I do believe the older versions of Serviio had no issue in playing mp4 video file links from the internet. I recently tried to test to see if this link:

https://s54.escdn.co/jg6ns2rjibtu7m7cyy ... ccta/v.mp4

would play in Serviio but adding it as a livestream link made Serviio respond by saying that there is no stream present or the link was invalid.

I am not sure what the issue is here, I would appreciate some help.

Thank you very much!
<<

techwhizz

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:47 pm

Re: MP4 URL livestream not recognised

I have seen that if the request is sent with a referrer the link doesn't work. But running it in ffmpeg works, does Serviio somehow state a referrer in the links when it get the video?

I just had a look at this topic: viewtopic.php?t=22426, is it possible for us to specify having no referrer when retrieving the link if it was made in a plugin, it seems that Serviio when adding the link as a livestream requests something differently.

Serviio seems to send a referer when checking the livestream link e.g. Referer: http://localhost:23423/console/, I think this could be the issue, can this be changed or is it possible to change in a WebResource plugin?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:43 pm

I can't test this video, wrong IP.

But Serviio doesn't pass any referer to ffmpeg (but it may be that ffmpeg uses a built-in ffmpeg referer)
<<

techwhizz

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:53 am

zip wrote:I can't test this video, wrong IP.

But Serviio doesn't pass any referer to ffmpeg (but it may be that ffmpeg uses a built-in ffmpeg referer)

Sorry, I didn't explain it very well. I was just saying that the Serviio Console puts the referrer in the request header when it checks if a livestream is valid or not. Since some websites do not want a referrer from another website, they block the request, if we were to remove the referrer from the Serviio header when checking a livestream, it may still work.

Thank you!
<<

zip

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:19 pm

The console doesn't make the request, the server does.
<<

techwhizz

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:01 pm

zip wrote:The console doesn't make the request, the server does.

Sorry Mr. Nejedly, I am getting confused now. So when I enter a livestream URL to check if it is valid or not in the serviio console, does that then get passed onto the server? I was just saying if there was a way to avoid sending the referer header option in request headers from Serviio, it seems to give invalid results for links which should work.
<<

zip

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:05 am

yes, the console just asks the server to run the check (which just executes ffmpeg -i "url") and sends the result back to the console. There is no referal used in the ffmpeg command (unless they use a built-in one in ffmpeg)
<<

aaliyahsullivan

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:47 am

This is interesting case here

Return to User experiences