FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No album art displayed

<<

JDN

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:20 am

No album art displayed

Hello,

I have Serviio installed on a Windows 10 pc and am using this configuration to stream my audio library. Current version is 1.9.
Recently I bought a Sanguan WFT-3 internet radio / DLNA media player. A decent device that can display album art from the MP3 files that are streamed.

Unfortunately the Serviio stream doesn't display the album art (which is embedded in all my MP3 files). When I attach the same MP3 library to "Universal Media Player" (not one of my favourites by the way) the album art is displayed well on the Sanguan.

What is wrong with my Serviio configuration, that the album art isn't displayed?

Thanks,
JDN
<<

JDN

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:08 am

Re: No album art displayed

Still no idea's?

In the meanwhile I tried several other media servers (e.g. Twonky, TVersity) and they all display album art on my Sanguan device.
Since I don't like the other media servers, I want to stay with Serviio.

But WHY doesn't the Serviio DLNA stream display my album art and other media servers do?

Any help is welcome.
<<

JDN

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:21 am

I have another idea about why my Sanguan device doesn’t display the Serviio album art:

To display album art on the Sanguan, the picture must have a maximum resolution of 640x480 pixels. If a picture has a bigger resolution, the image is not displayed (says the manual).

Now, the mp3 files in my collection don’t have this resolution (mostly about 300x300 pixels), but is it possible that Serviio resizes the album art to a resolution that’s too big for my device to display? This could be the reason perhaps? The other media servers I mentioned (Twonky, TVersity) perhaps don’t resize the image?

Anyone knows how I can check this? And how I can prevent Serviio resizing the album art to a resolution that is too big?
<<

JDN

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Ok, I made a small mistake I see, the brand of my device is not Sanguan but SANGEAN.

Now... really, nobody has any idea why the music I stream from Serviio doesn't show the cover art of my MP3's, and all other media servers do!?

I really like the "Random Music" option of Serviio (no other media server has this the way it operates in Serviio). So, I like Serviio for this feature, but I don't like the omission of the cover art.
I think Serviio scales the cover art to some huge resolution (my MP3's have 300x300px cover art), so that my Sangean device shows a black square. When I stream the same music with Serviio to my Panasonic television I indeed see a huge upscaled (ugly) cover art.

But how can I check this and how can I solve this?

Please help!

Or is there another section in this forum where I can pose this question?

Thanks,
JDN
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Serviio serves the images in a few ways, by the standard.

You could post your detailed log to see if the device even makes any requests for them.

Return to User experiences