FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

UNC Names

<<

Morbius

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue May 15, 2018 6:41 pm

UNC Names

in the latest (a few days ago) release of Serviio, if I try to add an UNC \\<servername>\<sharename>\<foldername> then it works, ONLY if the exact case of the UNC is entered. If, for instance, the servername is in lower case and I capitalize the first letter (for a better appearance in Serviio), when I click save, the save button just spins forever and Serviio doesn't work very well or at all on the TV end during the infinite spining. The only recourse is to reboot. On reboot, sometimes the improperly cased UNC shows up in the list of shares but Serviio will not index it and hangs. Does not appear to accept "mapped drives" either as a vehicle for provide for more user friendly names.

You may need to change this, at least for Windows, to ignore case or to permit a "user friendly name" or "Display NAME" in Serviio when I access the list of shares (folder names) from my TV or Android Box
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue May 15, 2018 8:08 pm

Re: UNC Names

In general Windows is not case sensitive with things like this. I usually see case sensitive only when I'm working on a -nix box. If the box you are using the UNC to connect to is a NAS device, it is likely running a version of Linux. That is out of the control of Serviio or the Windows box. I've never encountered a problem with case when connecting to a Windows share.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to User experiences