FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't see all folders and files in my TV

<<

eyalreshef

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:15 am

Can't see all folders and files in my TV

Hi,
I have laptop with Windows 10 and Samsung smart TV.
I shared, on my laptop, 2 folders, contain sub folders, pictures and movies.
i both folders, i can't see some of the sub-folders and other stuff like movies and pictures/
i tried to force scanning but it didn't help.

What could be the problem ?

Thank you !!
<<

mjb

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Re: Can't see all folders and files in my TV

When you browse with your TV, first you choose the type of media you want to see (image, audio, or video), and then you get the options defined in Serviio Console > Presentation. As you browse further, you will only see the one type of media you chose at the start.

Some devices offer a merged view of all media types as an option (I think I saw that in my Roku Media Player) but by default, they all work the way I described, as far as I know. It's just a quirk of DLNA and we all have to live with it.

If you cannot find your files under any media type selection, then there is a possibility that the files are (or will be transcoded to) a format that the TV does not recognize. To diagnose that, check Serviio Console to see what device profile you are using, and post info about the files and their formats. See the sticky topics at viewforum.php?f=5

(Yet another possibility is that the files are not being added to Serviio's library database at all. This would only be uncommon formats though.)

Return to User experiences