Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:04 am

Samsung LE40C580

Hi all

Just installed Serviio on Windows 7 64bit to work with our new Samsung LE40C580 and was amazed at how easy it was to install and get working after several days of trouble with Samsung PC Share Manager, which must be one of the worst applications I've ever installed, after about half an hour I had Serviio up and running and streaming an MKV file in stunning high definition. The only problem I encountered with the install was it was an error saying java version 6 was not found on install when I clicked ok to install it the installation continued but the Serviio failed to start saying Java wasn't installed finally got it working by manually installing 64bit version of Java, not sure if this is a bug with your installer or a bug with Java not installing the correct version. Would it be possible for the installer to check if you had a 32bit version of Java on a 64bit system?

Well great program so far however only shared I small folder of video files and only played 1 of those files will get back to you all after I have played about with it a bit more.

Cheers all

Joni :D