FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung UE40C6740

<<

Lofi

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Samsung UE40C6740

first let me say this is an awesome application. much better than the samsung pc manager. it was a little bit of a pain to get this to work, however. but i succeeded, and that's what counts. for those who are interested, here's my final profile:

Code:
<Profile id="11" name="Samsung UE40C6740" extendsProfileId="1">
      <ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.SamsungDLNAMessageBuilder</ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>
      <ResourceTransportProtocolHandler>org.serviio.upnp.protocol.http.transport.SamsungWiseLinkProtocolHandler</ResourceTransportProtocolHandler>
      <AutomaticImageRotation>true</AutomaticImageRotation>
      <LimitImageResolution>false</LimitImageResolution>
      <SubtitlesMimeType>smi/caption</SubtitlesMimeType>
</Profile>

since the ue40c6740 supports divx, mkv, etc out of the box, there's no need to transcode anything.

my personal wishes:

* make it open source, so that people can add stuff to this great program
* file drag/drop, ie when you drag files into the console, the db automatically refreshes itself immediately
* an application version, ie currently you have to call serviio.bat, then serviio-console.bat, then serviio.bat -stop in order to launch the application and close it

thanks a lot for an awesome and painless program! (those who use samsung pc share manager know what i'm talking about)
:D
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: Samsung UE40C6740

Lofi wrote:* an application version, ie currently you have to call serviio.bat, then serviio-console.bat, then serviio.bat -stop in order to launch the application and close it

There is an exe for the console and the service (it also starts automatically). The .bat files are there just for completeness.
<<

Lofi

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:03 am

Re: Samsung UE40C6740

thank you. my point is, i don't like services. that's something that's always running. in general when i use a program, i'd like to start the application and that's it. when i don't use it, i'd like to close it and then everything is gone and closed for good. that's also beneficial in case you run into troubles. start it, close it. no going to services manager, finding service, restarting it, etc ;)

Return to User experiences