FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sony s570 BD Player cant play avi files

<<

BluePriest

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Sony s570 BD Player cant play avi files

I have been looking at the how to transcode section, seeing if I could understand how to create a profile for my bd player, but have had no luck.The player cant do avi files, but I figured if I chose the built in Sony BD player profile, then it would work. It didnt, so I figured I would come to you guys for help. Do any of the other profiles have an avi conversion built into them that I could use (preferably to a lossless video form)? If not could someone write a profile for it? My player can read mpeg-1 mpeg-2 mpg-4 avc wmv8.9 and avchd files.

ps. Just to make sure, I am doing it right arent I? I have the path for my avi files in the library and video is checked, then I go to my bd player, choose serviio, and movies, then I have looked in the subdirectory folders, and chose movies, and It showed 1 movie that was originally A MP4 although I had to do a different profile to see that one.

I just went through all the profiles, and none of them seem o convert avi files to another format.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Sony s570 BD Player cant play avi files

Do you try with that profiles ?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1126
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

BluePriest

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:28 pm

Well... I edited the file. I have the newest version, and the page you pointed me to looked like that was the newest version, but I decided to try anyways. I would tell you what happened, but I restarted my computer after changing it, and serviio wont start. I click on serviio console, and nothing happens. I started task manager, checked it. Serviio console process was running, I ended the process, and tried starting the program again. I got the error "cannot connect to server, it doesnt seem to be running" and so I went to the administrative tools, and the services. Serviio was stopped, so I started it. Clicked on the colnsole to start it again, and got the same error. Looked at administrative tools, and the process was stopped again...this time after I started it, I right clicked, and looked at the properties. It already said stopped, I refreshed the list, and sure enough it was stopped. Why wont it stay on? Should I go on ahead and post in the support forum?

Edit... so I restarted my computer once again, and it says thaqt serviio is initializing its media library... been sayign that for about 5 minutes now, but im leaving it to see if it starts. Does it always take a real long time? If I dont post again that means it hasnt started and is still doing that. If I either cancel it and try to start it manually or it starts working ill let yall know.

EDIT again, so yeah, Its not starting... I restarted my coputer, and first thing I did was go to the services(serviio is initializing its media library popped up again, and is still there...) and the serviio service was once again not going. Trying to start it just left it on for a few seconds before it stopped again...
<<

BluePriest

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:44 am

Well, I decided to just completely uninstall and reinstall serviio. I made the changes to my profile, and it worked. Thank you :)

Return to Transcoding