FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Vizio M Series Issues

<<

TalonKarrde

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:21 pm

Vizio M Series Issues

Okay so, I've looked around and only found one custom profile created for the Vizio Smart Tv's. I Recently Purchased the M422i-B1 model with which I've tried and tested every single imaginable DLNA server to run it with. Serviio I have found to be the most stable, and yet few VERY important functions are missing.

I am unable to FastForward/Rewind and I cannot get subtitles working either.
Also alot of my 1920X1080 resolution mpg movies aren't playing at full screen, i have to use the *stretch/zoom* function on my TV for the screen to fill, which again is a loss of quality and definition.

Any input or thoughts on altering the profile Holla back yo.

<Profile id="viziotv" name="Vizio TV" extendsProfileId="1">
<Transcoding>
<Video targetContainer="mpeg" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" DAR="16:9">
<Matches container="matroska" />
<Matches container="mp4" />
<Matches container="asf" />
<Matches container="avi" />
<Matches container="ogg" />
<Matches container="flv" />
<Matches container="3gp" />
<Matches container="rm" />
<Matches container="mpegts" />
</Video>
</Transcoding>
<OnlineTranscoding>
<Video targetContainer="mpeg" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="mp2" maxVBitrate="8192" forceStereo="true">
<Matches container="*" />
</Video>
</OnlineTranscoding>
</Profile>
<<

TalonKarrde

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:38 pm

Re: Vizio M Series Issues

I'm attempting some tinkering to the script... here goes

<Profile id="viziotv" name="Vizio TV" extendsProfileId="1" alwaysEnableTranscoding="true">
<Detection>
<UPnPSearch>
<FriendlyName>Vizio DTV</FriendlyName>
<Manufacturer>Vizio Inc.</Manufacturer>
<ModelName>Vizio_M422i_B1</ModelName>
</UPnPSearch>
</Detection>

<MediaFormatProfiles>
<MediaFormatProfile mime-type=""mpg_ts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_$COUNTRY_ISO"</MediaFormatProfile>
</MediaFormatProfiles>
<Transcoding>
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" forceInheritance="true">
<Matches container="matroska" />
<Matches container="mp4" />
<Matches container="asf" />
<Matches container="avi" />
<Matches container="ogg" />
<Matches container="flv" />
<Matches container="3gp" />
<Matches container="rm" />
<Matches container="mpegts" />
</Video>
</Transcoding>
<OnlineTranscoding>
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" forceInheritance="true" abitrate="384" forceStereo="false">
<Matches container="*" />
</Video>
</OnlineTranscoding>
<Subtitles>
<SoftSubs mime-type="text/srt" />
</Subtitles>
</Profile>
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:49 pm

If transcoding the file is required for playback, you generally cannot FF/rewind. You also cannot select captions on the playback device because they are removed during transcoding. You can choose to "burn in" the captions during playback on the Serviio console, but this puts them on everything, without the ability to turn them off from the player.

The DAR=16x9 switch usually fixes the aspect ratio display issue, but we might need to have some file information from a video you are playing back.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

daggerNC

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:58 am

Reviving an older thread for the new Vizio M Series UHD TVs:

Talon - thanks for your efforts here. I have a new Vizio M60-C3 UHD TV. I'm having no luck using the first profile to try to have the M60-C3 successfully playback my recorded OTA/ATSC channels that are captured with Windows Media Center which stores all the files with Microsoft's .wtv container. I added this line to the current/first profile at the end of the Transcoding list: <Matches container="wtv" /> What happens is sometimes it will start to play back the .wtv file correctly, but never gets more that 2 to 3 minutes into it before either the sound stops or the picture starts to lock up. That actually freezes the serviio server, and I have to go into system settings to force the serviio windows service to end. Then I can get it going again by restarting it - or a computer restart. What I will try tomorrow is adding your second profile that uses the target container of mpegts and also add the matches wtv container. FYI I have a Windows 10 64bit machine running on an 8-core AMD CPU. My network from the Serviio PC to the TV is over Ethernet cabling thru a gigabit ethernet switching network. Note that I also have a Sony BDP-5100 bluray player and it works perfect to play back the library of .wtv shows I've recorded over the v1.6 profile included for the BDP-x100 series bluray players (thank you serviio team!). Still, the goal is getting my M60-C3 working correctly and directly streaming from the Serviio PC. Thanks again.

Return to Transcoding