FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FF RW Control of Transcoded Videos

<<

RamKat

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:59 pm

FF RW Control of Transcoded Videos

Hi,

When playing files served by Serviio where transcoding is required, I find that I can "pause", "step" (by pressing the pause button when paused) "play" and "stop" files. Pressing the left or right arrows has no effect.

When playing files with Serviio where transcoding is not required, I can do (limited) FF and RW by pressing the left or right arrows. :?

Is this to be expeceted, a specific problem related to the player, or is there a setting that I could change in the profile?

Being able to resume would also be a nice feature.

(I am using a C5500 Samsung)

thanks
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Re: FF RW Control of Transcoded Videos

RamKat wrote:Hi,

When playing files served by Serviio where transcoding is required, I find that I can "pause", "step" (by pressing the pause button when paused) "play" and "stop" files. Pressing the left or right arrows has no effect.

When playing files with Serviio where transcoding is not required, I can do (limited) FF and RW by pressing the left or right arrows. :?

Is this to be expeceted, a specific problem related to the player, or is there a setting that I could change in the profile?

Being able to resume would also be a nice feature.

(I am using a C5500 Samsung)

thanks

wait for next release for working RESUME and yep thats expected as files are transscoded on teh fly so you cant FFWD into teh stream as it not there yet to ffwd into. :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:54 pm

I think it's more client based, Serviio offers ffwd on transcoded stream (time based seek) - if you're trying to ffwd into not transcoded part of the movie it'll 'wait' untill it's ready.
<<

RamKat

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Cool, sounds like it is something that ffmpeg will have to support. The RESUME function will be great. I will be patient :lol:
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:43 pm

RamKat wrote:Cool, sounds like it is something that ffmpeg will have to support. The RESUME function will be great. I will be patient :lol:

no need to be patient you can download 0.5.2 now :D
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

RamKat

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:26 am

Cerberus wrote:
RamKat wrote:Cool, sounds like it is something that ffmpeg will have to support. The RESUME function will be great. I will be patient :lol:

no need to be patient you can download 0.5.2 now :D

Got it <thumbs up> However, what is the recipe to initiate it? I have tried everything that I have seen here but no joy. Should it work for both native and transcoded files? I tried both. My player is running Firmware BSP-C5500WWB-1020.1 which I believe is the latest for Canada/USA. The only coloured buttons available when highlighting a partially viewed file is Select [C] and Change Device [A]. Select [C] puts a check mark in the file box but (apparently) nothing different happens when pressing play. What I did notice, even with 0.51, is that some of the files now automatically stops playing where I have previously stopped them, almost like the inverse of what I would like to happen. If that is the case, where is the bookmark info saved? Can it be cleared? The "Last viewed"option does display the files in the correct order (last viewed = displayed first) so that registry appears to be working. :)
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:43 am

Start playing a file and then there is option (for a couple of seconds) to resume (BLue button)

Return to Transcoding