FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Transcoding issue with WMA Lossless

<<

johnthay

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:48 am

Transcoding issue with WMA Lossless

My home entertainment system currently has three DLNA devices: Sony BDP-S590 Blu-ray player, Samsung BDH-8900 Blu-ray player/PVR and a WD TV HD Live. I am keen to just use one – preferably the Samsung due to its PVR functionality.

All of my CD’s have been ripped to WMA Lossless and am using Serviio.

I have successfully edited the device profiles for all three devices to transcode WMA Lossless to LPCM. Works fine for the Sony, but have the following issues with the Samsung and WD:

• Samsung will play only one music file in a folder at a time. Towards the end of the file it displays an onscreen message “Check your network connection”. I can return to folder and select another file to play but it always stops at end. Each file has a playing time of 1 hour, 25 minutes, 4 seconds.

• WD also only plays just one file at a time but repeats continuously. Displays correct playing time first time through but stays at full file time for repeated plays. It shows the name of the next file in the folder.

Would be very grateful if anyone can help with a fix for this behaviour for either or both of Samsung and WD.
<<

johnthay

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:58 pm

Re: Transcoding issue with WMA Lossless

I can see that my post has had quite a few views but no replies as yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions about other forums or similar I could go to which may help me to solve this issue?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:43 pm

did you try to transcode it to mp3 instead?
<<

johnthay

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:13 am

Have made a few changes to system recently. I am no longer using the WD TV HD Live and have replaced TV with a Sony KDL-55W800C.

Have given up on trying to transcode WMA Lossless to LPCM on the Samsung.

Am now on the search for a profile for the TV and hoping that I can set that up to transcode WMA Lossless to LPCM on TV.

Return to Transcoding