FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sopcast to Infuse on Ipad

<<

wickwack

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:40 pm

Sopcast to Infuse on Ipad

Hi All,

Ive been having quite success with getting serviio to stream and tweaking the profiles.xml for some sopcast streaming to bravia and samsung tvs. However when trying to do the same to the FireCore Infuse App on an ipad i cant seem to get it to stream the sopcast.

This is a mpegts h264 stream of level 4.1 up, which i had to profile tweak to get it to play on the bravia with the sony 2012 profile, but i cant get it to stream succesfully to the ipad using the generic dlna profile. Also, i have confirmed other mpegts h264 levels < 4.1 are not playable under infuse app either.

Does anybody know what transcoding lines i can add to the profiles.xml to feed the stream to the Infuse App? Any help or ideas to debug is appreaciated. Thanks!

PS:

In case anyone is curious, these are the lines i added for the sony profile under <OnlineTranscoding>:
<Video targetContainer="mpeg" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384" DAR="16:9" forceInheritance="true">
<Matches container="mpegts" vCodec="h264"/>
</Video>
<<

wickwack

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Sopcast to Infuse on Ipad

So i have made progress on getting this to work, ive created a new very basic profile with a single rule pretty much, and added a regex to see if it will automatically detect other iphone ipads and auto assign this profile, but i have not truly tested that part, so if anyone can drop a few cents regarding that would be great.

With the applethttp h264 aac, at first i got it to work for around 30 seconds until something happened and it stopped playing, this happened multiple times on an ipad and an iphone. I played around with other values for container and video codec but no luck, this is so far the only combination that got it displaying on the Ipad Iphone Infuse App.

After playing around and then reapplying these settings i have found that now it streams pretty flawlessly and doesnt crash after 30 seconds anymore, im not even sure what the issue was, maybe ffmpeg was crashing while transcoding o something... so this issue could come back on a restart or on a different stream.

So anyways, here is the profile... any improvements or advice are appreciated:

Code:
   <Profile id="IpadIphone" name="iPadiPhone" extendsProfileId="1"> 
      <Detection>
         <UPnPSearch>
            <FriendlyName>((?i)ipad|(?i)iphone)</FriendlyName>      
         </UPnPSearch>   
      </Detection>
        <OnlineTranscoding> 
       <Video targetContainer="applehttp" targetVCodec="h264" targetACodec="aac">
            <Matches container="asf" />
            <Matches container="mpegvideo" />
            <Matches container="mpeg" />
         <Matches container="mpegts" />
            <Matches container="mpegts" vCodec="h264"/>
            <Matches container="matroska" />
            <Matches container="avi" />
            <Matches container="flv" />
            <Matches container="wtv" />
            <Matches container="ogg" />
            <Matches container="3gp" />
            <Matches container="rtp" />