FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Easycast profile help

<<

Jack

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:07 pm

Easycast profile help

Hello,

I'm trying to set up transcoding for my Easycast device. I'm using the latest version of Serviio in combination with BubbleUPNP to stream to my TV. I'd like to learn how to create a profile for the Easycast dongle. From what Bubbleupnp tells me about it, the device supports all the formats that I play on a regular basis except for High10p and x265, so if possible, those are the only codecs I'd like to transcode. I've had some moderate success transcoding files using some of the preloaded profiles, namely the Samsung H series one, but none of the profiles seem to display subtitles. For the most part the subtitles are .ass embedded within .mkv. I have all the options ticked in the subtitles section of Serviio, as well as written down language codes, but they refuse to display.
Here are screenshots of the device info for Easycast that Bubbleupnp reported:
http://m.imgur.com/a/BxQCi

And here are my subtitle settings:
http://m.imgur.com/a/PGUnU
<<

Jack

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: Easycast profile help

Hello, again.

I've tried setting up a profile for my easycast device by myself, but unfortunately, I seem to have messed it up somewhere. Serviio is now refusing to start and gives the following message in the server log:
  Code:
2016-02-29 16:45:51,688 ERROR [XmlUtils] XML Profiles.xsd didn't pass validation, reason: cvc-enumeration-valid: Value 'mkv' is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration '[asf, mpegvideo, mpeg, mpegts, m2ts, flv, applehttp]'. It must be a value from the enumeration.
2016-02-29 16:45:51,688 ERROR [MediaServer] An unexpected error occured. Ending the application. Message: org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionException: Profiles XML file is not valid (according to the schema). Check the log.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionException: Profiles XML file is not valid (according to the schema). Check the log.
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfileManager.parseProfilesFromFile(ProfileManager.java:183)
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfileManager.loadProfiles(ProfileManager.java:156)
   at org.serviio.MediaServer.main(MediaServer.java:127)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
   at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
   at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionException: Profiles XML file is not valid (according to the schema). Check the log.
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionParser.validateXML(ProfilesDefinitionParser.java:986)
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionParser.parseDefinition(ProfilesDefinitionParser.java:157)
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfileManager.parseProfilesFromFile(ProfileManager.java:181)
   ... 8 more
2016-02-29 16:45:51,688 WARN  [IndexedDiskCache] Region [tokens] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.
2016-02-29 16:45:51,688 WARN  [IndexedDiskCache] Region [online_technical_metadata] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.
2016-02-29 16:45:51,688 WARN  [IndexedDiskCache] Region [thumbnails] Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now.

Did I mess up the profiles file? This is what I inserted into the existing profiles file:
  Code:
<Profile id="easycast" name="EasyCast Alpha" extendsProfileId="1">
      <ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.SamsungDLNAMessageBuilder</ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>
      <ResourceTransportProtocolHandler>org.serviio.upnp.protocol.http.transport.SamsungWiseLinkProtocolHandler</ResourceTransportProtocolHandler>
      <Detection>
         <UPnPSearch>
            <FriendlyName>(^\[TV\][A-Z]{2}\d{2}H[A-Z]?\d{3,4}.*)</FriendlyName>
            <ModelNumber>(1\.0)|(AllShare1\.0)</ModelNumber>
         </UPnPSearch>
         <HttpHeaders>
            <!-- for BD players -->
            <User-Agent>(.*SEC_HHP_BD-H.*)|(.*SEC_HHP_\[(HT|BD)\]H.*)|(\[BD\]H.*)</User-Agent>
         </HttpHeaders>
      </Detection>
      <DeviceDescription>
           <ExtraElements>
              &lt;sec:ProductCap&gt;smi,DCM10,getMediaInfo.sec,getCaptionInfo.sec&lt;/sec:ProductCap&gt;
            &lt;sec:X_ProductCap&gt;smi,DCM10,getMediaInfo.sec,getCaptionInfo.sec&lt;/sec:X_ProductCap&gt;
           </ExtraElements>
        </DeviceDescription>
        <MediaFormatProfiles>
            <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/x-mkv">MATROSKA</MediaFormatProfile>
            </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.definition.SamsungContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter</ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter>   
      <H264LevelCheck>FILE_ATTRIBUTES</H264LevelCheck>
      <Transcoding>         
         <!-- Transcode all h264 video with HIGH/MAIN > Level 4.1 on MPEG-TS stream with MPEG2VIDEO and ac3 audio transcoding -->
         <Video targetContainer="mkv" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="192" maxVBitrate="15360" forceInheritance="true">
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" profile="high_10" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h265" />
            </Video>
         </Transcoding>
      <GenericTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mkv" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="192"/>
      </GenericTranscoding>
      <AutomaticImageRotation>true</AutomaticImageRotation>
        <LimitImageResolution>false</LimitImageResolution>
      <Subtitles>
         <HardSubs>
            <BitmapBased supported="true"/>
            <TextBased supported="true">
                <RequiredFor container="*"/>
         </HardSubs>
      </Subtitles>   
      <AllowChunkedTransfer>false</AllowChunkedTransfer>
   </Profile>

What I'm trying to do is transcode x265 and 10-bit video into a mkv container. I'm also trying to burn subtitles if present. Before this I've noticed that burning subtitles worked to some degree with different profiles, but there were some issues. If I open the transcoded file on my PC I can see the hardcoded subtitles, but if I try to open the file with my EasyCast device, through BubbleUPnP, I get a "Content length not found" error. So I'm trying to transcode into mkv in case that supplies EasyCast with a content length. I don't really know how those things work, all I know is there's headers (or some such), so what I'm trying to do with the mkv container might just be nonsense. From the error in the log it seems to reguire asf, mpegvideo, mpeg, mpegts, m2ts, flv or applehttp as a container? Is that all I would have to change? Also, are any of those known to better supply content length or should I try all of them one by one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update:
I've made some changes to the profile and now serviio starts properly and I can select my profile. x265 is now being transcoded and playing properly (Yay!), however, that's all that's being transcoded. 10bit video is passed without a transcode, and there's still the issue of subtitles just refusing to work. Any input on how to get it to transcode 10bit video and hardcode any subtitles if embedded in the file (or external)?
<<

Jack

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Easycast profile help

Me again, still trying to get subtitles to work. I'm really just trying to transcode any file that has subtitles embeded (or external, not sure if the process is different) and hardcode the subs.
Here is my current profile:

Code:
<Profile id="easycast" name="EasyCast Alpha" extendsProfileId="1">
      <ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.SamsungDLNAMessageBuilder</ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>
      <ResourceTransportProtocolHandler>org.serviio.upnp.protocol.http.transport.SamsungWiseLinkProtocolHandler</ResourceTransportProtocolHandler>
      <Detection>
         <UPnPSearch>
            <FriendlyName>(^\[TV\][A-Z]{2}\d{2}H[A-Z]?\d{3,4}.*)</FriendlyName>
            <ModelNumber>(1\.0)|(AllShare1\.0)</ModelNumber>
         </UPnPSearch>
         <HttpHeaders>
            <!-- for BD players -->
            <User-Agent>(.*SEC_HHP_BD-H.*)|(.*SEC_HHP_\[(HT|BD)\]H.*)|(\[BD\]H.*)</User-Agent>
         </HttpHeaders>
      </Detection>
      <DeviceDescription>
           <ExtraElements>
              &lt;sec:ProductCap&gt;smi,DCM10,getMediaInfo.sec,getCaptionInfo.sec&lt;/sec:ProductCap&gt;
            &lt;sec:X_ProductCap&gt;smi,DCM10,getMediaInfo.sec,getCaptionInfo.sec&lt;/sec:X_ProductCap&gt;
           </ExtraElements>
        </DeviceDescription>
        <MediaFormatProfiles>
            <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/x-mkv">MATROSKA</MediaFormatProfile>
            </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.definition.SamsungContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter</ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter>   
      <H264LevelCheck>FILE_ATTRIBUTES</H264LevelCheck>
      <Transcoding>         
         <!-- Transcode all h264 video with HIGH/MAIN > Level 4.1 on MPEG-TS stream with MPEG2VIDEO and ac3 audio transcoding -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="192" maxVBitrate="15360" forceInheritance="true">
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" profile="high_10" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="mpeg4" profile="high_10" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h265" />
            </Video>
         </Transcoding>
      <AutomaticImageRotation>true</AutomaticImageRotation>
        <LimitImageResolution>false</LimitImageResolution>
      <Subtitles>
         <HardSubs>
            <BitmapBased supported="true"/>
            <TextBased supported="true">
               <RequiredFor container="*"/>
            </TextBased>
         </HardSubs>
      </Subtitles>   
      <AllowChunkedTransfer>false</AllowChunkedTransfer>
   </Profile>

It is based on the Samsung H-series profile, so I'm sure there's a lot of unnecessary lines in it. So far the only thing I've managed to accomplish is transcoding HEVC video, and it works flawlessly. I've given up on the idea of transcoding 10-bit video, since it seems that there's huge image quality loss (lots of blocking/artifacts and banding). But back to x265 and subtitles. What I noticed is, that if the file contains subtitles, it transcodes, but my Easycast is unable to play the file, and by disabling the subtitles option in servio the file plays fine again. So considering that it works fine if there's no subtitles I'm assuming that the transcode setting for hardcoding subtitles is somehow different? I could really use some help here. I'm not asking to be spoon-fed answers, but a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Transcoding