Post Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:00 pm

Audio transcoding

I have been using Serviio for almost a year very successfully. I have upgraded to version 1.6 and now a registered user.

I am having difficulty with understanding profiles generally.
1. Firstly, is there a comprehensive manual or tutorial that describes profiles and transcoding (I have asked this in another topic also).
2. I have a problem with the Denon DNP-730AE digital player which will not play 24/192 FLAC files over DNLA/UPnP network (it buffers and stutters every few seconds) but 24/96 bit FLAC files play perfectly over the network. The Denon will play the 24/192 files locally from a USB stick but not over the DLNA network. I have conducted numerous tests to isolate or modify the network, reduce server load, library re-configuration, and temporary use of alternative fast server all to no avail. It is the same on both Serviio and Asset UPnP. I have seen similar issues reported with NAD and Phillips players. My network is quite fast and wired connections. Have any other users similar experiences?
3. How do I set up a profile to transcode the FLAC files to a max of 24/96 for this device.

4. Strangely the WD TV Media Player which costs a fifth of the price plays 24/192 FLAC files perfectly. I have contacted WD support (God bless them) about the specifications and queried if they are converting the files but no satisfactory response to date.
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.