FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pioneer VSX-831 Video Playback Not Working

<<

davecullen86

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:03 am

Pioneer VSX-831 Video Playback Not Working

Hi All

I have been using Serviio for a long time with my PS3 and its great! I have just upgraded my AV Receiver to a Pioneer VSX-831 which has DNLA functionality built in.

http://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/eu/def/products/vsx-831

Serviio applies the Generic DNLA Device profile to it, but I cannot seem to even list any videos for playback...

Upon browsing the server from the VSX-831, I see the directory structure, but when opening a folder that should contain video, it says "No items found".

I have tried using other profiles, I also tried adding a custom profile mentioned by someone else on these forums for another Pioneer model.
No joy...

However audio works no problem... MP3 ans FLAC.

The videos I am attempting to play are a mix of AVI, MP4, MKV etc... None of them even show up as present...

Its worth mentioning that I just tried the PS3 to make sure it was not a general error, it still works fine as before... So just a problem for the Pioneer.

Any assistance would be much appreciated! Please let me know if I can provide any information that will help.

Kind Regards - Dave
<<

davecullen86

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:39 am

Re: Pioneer VSX-831 Video Playback Not Working

Hey

I wondered if anyone has any ideas what I can do to sort this issue at all please?

I'm happy to diagnose / attempt to create a profile myself, but as its something new to me I'd appreciate some guidance.

Many thanks - Dave
<<

davecullen86

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:13 pm

Re: Pioneer VSX-831 Video Playback Not Working

Ok I was silly.... Please delete or close this thread...

The issue was that my AV Receiver only plays music... So the error is correct when it finds no music in my video files!!

Oh well, Ill look for another streamer and keep using the PS3 for now!

Cheers - Dave

Return to Transcoding