FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Transcoding for gapless casting?

<<

NickJP

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:28 pm

Transcoding for gapless casting?

I have all my CDs ripped in iTunes on my PC as Apple lossless, and the iTunes music library is set as a shared folder in Serviio. Using BubbleUPnP on my phone or tablet as the DLNA renderer, recordings such as operas or Pink Floyd DSoTM which need to be played gapless do play back as gapless when listening through headphones on the phone/tablet. However, as soon as I cast the output from BubbleUPnP to a Chromecast Audio connected to my stereo system, the playback is no longer gapless.

I'm wondering if there is any way I can configure Serviio to stream an album as a single continuous stream rather than separate tracks, to get around this problem (which I realise is a shortcoming of the Chromecast).

From a bit of Googling it seems that I could possibly achieve this using Foobar2000 with the uPnP plugin, but I thought I would ask here first to see if it can be done with Serviio. I'm running Serviio Pro 1.7 on Win10 x64.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:37 am

Re: Transcoding for gapless casting?

Hi, not in Serviio itself. YOu're right that it's the client's task to fetch the file earlier and start playing without the gap.

Return to Transcoding