FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need assistance with new Roku Profiles

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:59 pm

Need assistance with new Roku Profiles

With the release of new Roku models, the single profile included with Serviio is transcoding far too many files that don't need it. I'm starting on one now for the Roku TV, then I'll move to the latest 4K models. Once completed, I believe we'll need a total of four profiles: Roku (2014 and earlier), Roku 2015 1080p, Roku 4K and Roku TV.

The TV requires a separate profile, as it is the only one that supports MPEG2 video. However, all Roku players only support the MP4, MKV and MOV containers. I am currently struggling to get Serviio to recognize and remux MPEG2 video in an MPG container. I tried using MPEG2VIDEO in the Matches Container line, but I get an error that says to use one of these: *, mp4, asf, mpegvideo, mpeg, mjpeg, mpegts, matroska, avi, flv, wtv, ogg, 3gp, rtp, rtsp, applehttp, rm. I have a line with mpeg and mpegvideo, but the videos are not shown in the Roku Media Player on the TV. The videos are shown in MediaBrowser, so there's no issue there. The Roku web site lists these as recognized containers:
  Code:
asf (WMV), mpeg (MPEG2PS), mpegts (MPEG2TS), mp4 (MPEG4, MOV), mjpeg, mpegvideo (MPEG1), matroska (MKV), avi, flv, wtv, ogg, 3gp, rtp, rtsp, applehttp, rm (RealMedia)

But when I tried mpeg2ps Serviio would not load, giving the error I mentioned above about a wrong container.

So, what exactly do I use to capture a file in the MPG container? I don't want to use the wildcard, as I don't want MP4 or MKV files to be captured?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Re: Need assistance with new Roku Profiles

for mpeg2 PS use 'mpeg', for mpeg2 TS use 'mpegts' and for mpeg1 use 'mpegvideo'. These are the containers.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Thanks Zip. I see my error with the mpeg2ps line now. I already have mpeg and mpegvideo included, but haven't tried mpegts. Since the container itself is simply MPG, how do I tell if it's a TS or PS container? Maybe just adding mpegts will do it. All of the other containers seem to be straight-forward. But the good old MPG container sure has it's idiosyncrasies. :D
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

zip

Post Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:09 pm

try

Code:
ffmpeg -i filename.mpg

for mpegps you'd get file type of 'vob' (like a DVD file), for mpegts you'd get mpegts. mpeg1 container is almost nonexistent these days.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:33 am

OK, got the Roku TV mostly working. However, something in the code I've entered is causing huge log errors. Here's the profile so far. Ignore the UPnPSearch for Model name. I'm trying to figure out a way to identify the various Roku models, but not having any luck.

I believe the log was normal until I added the matches line for 4K video (two lines at the end of that particular video tag). On this server I only have one 4K video. It is in an MKV container, and the video is H264 L5.1 and 5.1 AC3 audio. This seems to be the only file not visible when using the Roku TV. It is, however, visible when using MediaBrowser. So I just don't seem to be capturing it. The log is attached showing the enormous amount of Java errors being generated. Let me know if you need a debug log. Other than the one missing 4K file, it seems to display and play everything else I have, including 480p, 1080p, files with HD audio, containers MKV, MP4, M2TS, MPG, AVI, WTV, TS, WMV, video codecs MP4, AVC L4.1, MPEG2. Note that I don't have a selection of audio files, so I'm not working on that section at this time.

Code:
<Profile id="RokuTV" name="Roku TV" extendsProfileId="1">
      <Detection>
         <UPnPSearch>
            <ModelName>INSIGNIA NS-24ER310NA17</ModelName>
         </UPnPSearch>
         <HttpHeaders>
            <User-Agent>.*ROKU.TV*</User-Agent>
         </HttpHeaders>
      </Detection>
      <MediaFormatProfiles>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_720p_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_1080i_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_HP_HD_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_LPCM</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">MPEG4_P2_MP4_ASP_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">MPEG4_P2_MP4_SP_L6_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">MPEG4_P2_MP4_NDSD</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="audio/mpeg">MP3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HP_SD_MPEG1_L2_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HP_SD_MPEG1_L2_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HD_DTS_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HD_DTS_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HD_50_LPCM_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HP_HD_MPEG1_L2_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HP_HD_MPEG1_L2_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG2_L2</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG2_L2_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG2_L2_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">VC1_TS_AP_L1_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">VC1_TS_AP_L2_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">VC1_TS_HD_DTS_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">VC1_TS_HD_DTS_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
      </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <Transcoding>
         <!-- Remux audio and video streams that contain MPEG video that is in an unsupported container, since the Roku TV will play it -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts">
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="mpeg4" aCodec="aac" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="msmpeg4" aCodec="aac" />
            <Matches container="mpegvideo"/>
            <Matches container="mpeg"/>
            <Matches container="mpegts"/>
            <Matches container="wtv"/>
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="mpeg2video"/>
         </Video>
         <!-- Remux video stream, transcode audio only -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="*" aCodec="truehd" />
            <!--<Matches container="*" aCodec="dts-hd" />-->
         </Video>
         <!-- Transcode non-H.264 video -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="h264" targetACodec="ac3" >
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="vc1" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="wmv2" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h265"/>
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" levelGreaterThan="5.0" />
         </Video>
         <!--<Audio targetContainer="mp3">
            <Matches container="*" />
         </Audio> -->
      </Transcoding>
      <OnlineTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="applehttp"> <!-- dont transcode to ac3 -->
            <Matches container="mp4" />
            <Matches container="flv" vCodec="h264" />
            <Matches container="applehttp" vCodec="h264" />
         </Video>
      </OnlineTranscoding>
      <GenericTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="asf" targetVCodec="wmv2" targetACodec="wmav2"/>
      </GenericTranscoding>
      <LimitImageResolution>false</LimitImageResolution>
   </Profile>
Attachments
error log.txt
(138.14 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
Dan

<<

zip

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:03 pm

I will check the errors, but in your profile you're using asf for the generic transcoding (used for hardsubs and when swapping autio tracks). You should probably transcode to mpegts as you do fo the other tx rules.
<<

zip

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Also, can you post ffmpeg -i for your file The Martian ?

The other errors are related to a small bug with the Prefer multichannel setting, which I've now fixed.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:39 am

zip wrote:Also, can you post ffmpeg -i for your file The Martian ?

The other errors are related to a small bug with the Prefer multichannel setting, which I've now fixed.

Glad you isolated the error. You probably noticed it was the latest beta.

This MP4 file is strange. If I try to play it on my iPad, there's no audio. But if I play it on my computer with VLC, there's audio. I ripped the video from a Blu Ray with MakeMKV, then used Handbrake to convert to MP4. The MKV file loads in Serviio just fine. I wanted the MP4 version for my iPad, since the MKV would take my entire storage space. :D

EDIT: After changing the GenericTranscoding section, this file now appears in MediaBrowser and my players. And it plays with audio. Very weird!

Code:
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'the martian (2015).mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : mp42
    minor_version   : 512
    compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41
    creation_time   : 2016-09-04 20:48:58
    title           : The Martian
    encoder         : HandBrake 0.10.5 2016021100
  Duration: 02:21:37.58, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 9401 kb/s
    Chapter #0:0: start 0.000000, end 202.410000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 1
    Chapter #0:1: start 202.410000, end 608.691000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 2
    Chapter #0:2: start 608.691000, end 924.757000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 3
    Chapter #0:3: start 924.757000, end 1105.354000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 4
    Chapter #0:4: start 1105.354000, end 1294.585000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 5
    Chapter #0:5: start 1294.585000, end 1468.175000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 6
    Chapter #0:6: start 1468.175000, end 1732.856000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 7
    Chapter #0:7: start 1732.856000, end 1896.728000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 8
    Chapter #0:8: start 1896.728000, end 2061.184000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 9
    Chapter #0:9: start 2061.184000, end 2353.601000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 10
    Chapter #0:10: start 2353.601000, end 2481.854000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 11
    Chapter #0:11: start 2481.854000, end 2783.614000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 12
    Chapter #0:12: start 2783.614000, end 2965.212000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 13
    Chapter #0:13: start 2965.212000, end 3375.914000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 14
    Chapter #0:14: start 3375.914000, end 3580.577000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 15
    Chapter #0:15: start 3580.577000, end 3743.990000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 16
    Chapter #0:16: start 3743.990000, end 4013.301000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 17
    Chapter #0:17: start 4013.301000, end 4193.147000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 18
    Chapter #0:18: start 4193.147000, end 4431.385000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 19
    Chapter #0:19: start 4431.385000, end 4718.380000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 20
    Chapter #0:20: start 4718.380000, end 4972.551000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 21
    Chapter #0:21: start 4972.551000, end 5441.436000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 22
    Chapter #0:22: start 5441.436000, end 5850.261000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 23
    Chapter #0:23: start 5850.261000, end 6212.164000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 24
    Chapter #0:24: start 6212.164000, end 6376.370000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 25
    Chapter #0:25: start 6376.370000, end 6618.945000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 26
    Chapter #0:26: start 6618.945000, end 6848.133000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 27
    Chapter #0:27: start 6848.133000, end 7069.520000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 28
    Chapter #0:28: start 7069.520000, end 7481.766000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 29
    Chapter #0:29: start 7481.766000, end 7865.816000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 30
    Chapter #0:30: start 7865.816000, end 8008.959000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 31
    Chapter #0:31: start 8008.959000, end 8497.447000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 32
    Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p(tv, bt709)
, 1920x800 [SAR 1:1 DAR 12:5], 4390 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 90k tbn, 180k tb
c (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : VideoHandler
    Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: dts (DTS-HD MA) (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, 7.1,
 s32p (24 bit), max. 200 kb/s (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : Surround
    Stream #0:2(eng): Subtitle: mov_text (text / 0x74786574)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : SubtitleHandler
Last edited by atc98092 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:43 am

zip wrote:I will check the errors, but in your profile you're using asf for the generic transcoding (used for hardsubs and when swapping autio tracks). You should probably transcode to mpegts as you do fo the other tx rules.

I never noticed that one. I was working from the original Roku profile. Have no idea how that got changed. Thanks!
Dan

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:48 am

OK, very strange thing happening. I have most of the profile working, but hitting a snag in a couple of places. First, a 4K MKV file with H.264 High@L5.1 will not appear in the media list. It does appear in Media Browser, so Serviio is aware of it. Just my profile is skipping over it for some reason. I have this line in the profile that should capture it:
  Code:
<Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" levelGreaterThan="5.0" />

The other issue is a M2TS file with DTS Master Audio as the primary track. I have this to capture HD audio, but the audio isn't being processed. The video only needs to be muxed into another container, since the Roku will play H.264 with no issues.
  Code:
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="lpcm" forceStereo="true">
            <Matches container="*" aCodec="dts-hd" />
   </Video>

Here is the ffMPEG command from the log:
  Code:
2016-12-05 17:30:07,171 DEBUG [FFMPEGWrapper] Invoking FFMPEG to convert subtitle file (US-ASCII): C:\Windows\TEMP\Serviio\opensubtitles_186259.sub
2016-12-05 17:30:07,171 DEBUG [ProcessExecutor] Starting C:\Program Files\Serviio\bin\\..\lib\ffmpeg.exe -sub_charenc US-ASCII -i C:\Windows\TEMP\Serviio\opensubtitles_186259.sub -an -vn -c:s srt -f srt pipe:
2016-12-05 17:30:07,177 DEBUG [FFMPEGWrapper] Invoking FFmpeg to transcode video file: C:\Users\media\Videos\Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983).m2ts
2016-12-05 17:30:07,178 DEBUG [ProcessExecutor] Starting C:\Program Files\Serviio\bin\\..\lib\ffmpeg.exe -fflags +genpts -threads 0 -i C:\Users\media\Videos\Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983).m2ts -y -threads 0 -c:v copy -c:a:0 copy -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -sn -f mpegts C:\Windows\TEMP\Serviio\transcoding-temp-5a33a0260aef9f9e65b9e50c246c000d.stf

Have I overlooked something simple here? I've tried it with lpcm and ac3 as the target audio, with and without ForceStereo. Also tried auto subtitles on and off.
Dan

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Can someone answer this question please? When I use ffmpeg -i, I see the video codec (h264) but how/where is the level identified? I've looked at several of my videos, and they all show a line like this:
  Code:
  Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(tv, bt709), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc

MediaInfo reports this as h.264 High@L4.1.

But this one is reported as H.264 High@L5.1.
  Code:
 Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(tv, bt709/unknown/unknown), 4096x1744 [SAR 1:1 DAR 256:109], 24 fps, 24 tbr, 1k tbn, 48 tbc (default)

But where is the level identified in this line? Or is this file somehow mis-formed? It was a 4K demo downloaded from the Internet. Perhaps the headers are inaccurate?
Dan

<<

zip

Post Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:35 pm

Level is not defined in ffmpeg output. Serviio uses the value stored in the file (just informative) or tries to work it out based on other file characteristics.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:37 pm

Thanks, Zip. Not sure how I can capture this particular type of file then. It won't show on the Roku if it's not playable without transcoding, so I have to figure out something. It does appear on my Roku Ultra, which supports 4K. However, while the audio plays fine the video is just a green screen with fine horizontal lines. I've downloaded a new version of the video, in case there's something goofy with the file.
Dan

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:07 pm

Zip,

Roku suggested that I use applehttp as the target container instead of mpegts, since that would allow using FF and rewind. However, now the vast majority of files don't appear, and the log is full of these warnings:

EDIT: apparently you can't use AC3 with applehttp. When I changed the transcoding line from ac3 to aac the errors went away. However, applehttp seems to use much more CPU than mpegts, so I'm sticking with ts and ac3.

Running some final tests now, but the non-4K TV profile looks complete. I'm transmuxing some files to ensure smooth playback. I think the only change for the 4K TV is to remove the h265 transcoding line. To bad I can't test that one!

Code:
2016-12-25 14:55:49,055 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "A Fistful of Dollars.mpg": AppleHttp video file A Fistful of Dollars.mpg does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,059 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "Addams Family Values (1993).mpg": AppleHttp video file Addams Family Values (1993).mpg does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,069 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "All The King's Men (1949).wtv": AppleHttp video file All The King's Men (1949).wtv does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,076 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "American Graffiti (1973).mpg": AppleHttp video file American Graffiti (1973).mpg does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,095 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "Arsenic and Old Lace (1944).wtv": AppleHttp video file Arsenic and Old Lace (1944).wtv does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,098 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "At The Earth's Core (1976).wtv": AppleHttp video file At The Earth's Core (1976).wtv does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,102 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "Atom Age Vampire (1960).wtv": AppleHttp video file Atom Age Vampire (1960).wtv does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,105 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "Attack of the Giant Leeches (1959).wtv": AppleHttp video file Attack of the Giant Leeches (1959).wtv does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,415 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "Batman (1989).wtv": AppleHttp video file Batman (1989).wtv does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,418 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "Batman Begins (2005).wtv": AppleHttp video file Batman Begins (2005).wtv does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,422 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "Batman Forever (1995).wtv": AppleHttp video file Batman Forever (1995).wtv does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,431 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "Billy the Kid vs. Dracula (1966).wtv": AppleHttp video file Billy the Kid vs. Dracula (1966).wtv does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,440 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "Black Friday (1940).wtv": AppleHttp video file Black Friday (1940).wtv does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,445 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992).mpg": AppleHttp video file Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992).mpg does not match any supported DLNA profile
2016-12-25 14:55:49,454 WARN  [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot get media info for transcoded file "Bride of the Gorilla (1951).wtv": AppleHttp video file Bride of the Gorilla (1951).wtv does not match any supported DLNA profile

While most of these are WTV files, it is doing the same with many (but not all) MPG and M2TS files as well. The only thing that seems to appear are MKV and MP4 files.

I'll experiment some more, but it seems like I'll have to switch back to the mpegts container.

Here's the current profile I'm working on. Remember that this one is for the non-4K TV sets, which can play mpeg2 video without transcoding.

Code:
   <Profile id="RokuTV" name="Roku TV (non 4K)" extendsProfileId="RokuMPApp">
      <Detection>
         <UPnPSearch>

</UPnPSearch>
         <HttpHeaders>
            <User-Agent>.*Roku/5000X-7*.</User-Agent>
         </HttpHeaders>
      </Detection>
      <Transcoding>
      <!-- transcode Windows Media Center format -->
         <Video targetContainer="applehttp"  targetVCodec="h264">
            <Matches container="wtv"/>
         </Video>
         <!-- Remux audio and video streams that contain MPEG video that is in an unsupported container, since the Roku TV will play it -->
         <Video targetContainer="applehttp">
            <!--<Matches container="avi" vCodec="mpeg4" aCodec="aac" /> -->
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="msmpeg4" aCodec="ac3" />
            <Matches container="mpegvideo"/>
            <Matches container="mpeg"/>
            <Matches container="mpegts" vCodec="h264"/>
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="mpeg2video"/>
         </Video>
         <!-- Remux video stream, transcode audio only -->
         <Video targetContainer="applehttp" targetACodec="ac3" >
            <Matches container="*" aCodec="dts-hd" />
         </Video>

<!-- Transcode non-H.264 video -->
         <Video targetContainer="applehttp" targetVCodec="h264" targetACodec="ac3" >
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="vc1" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="h265"/>
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="wmv2"/>
         <!--   <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" levelGreaterThan="4.1" /> -->
         </Video>
         <!--<Audio targetContainer="mp3">
            <Matches container="*" />
         </Audio> -->
      </Transcoding>
      <OnlineTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="applehttp"> <!-- dont transcode to ac3 -->
            <!--<Matches container="mp4" /> -->
            <Matches container="flv" vCodec="h264" />
            <Matches container="applehttp" vCodec="h264" />
         </Video>
      </OnlineTranscoding>
      <GenericTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="applehttp" targetVCodec="h264" targetACodec="ac3"/>
      </GenericTranscoding>
      <LimitImageResolution>false</LimitImageResolution>
   </Profile>
Dan

<<

zip

Post Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Cool. When you're done and happy, please create a bitbucket ticket and attach the profiles there. I'll include them in the next version.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:20 am

zip wrote:Cool. When you're done and happy, please create a bitbucket ticket and attach the profiles there. I'll include them in the next version.

Wilco! :D
Dan

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:52 am

Well, I've hit a snag. I'll be advising Roku of this issue, but wanted to see if you can spot something in the log.

Playing an M2TS file on my Roku TV. This container is unofficially supported, but because of the HD audio I am remuxing it with AC3 audio. Here's the transcoding line from the log:
  Code:
C:\Program Files\Serviio\bin\\..\lib\ffmpeg.exe -fflags +genpts -threads 0 -i C:\Users\media\Videos\The Empire Strikes Back (1980).m2ts -y -threads 0 -c:v copy -c:a:0 ac3 -b:a:0 192k -c:a:1 copy -c:a:1 copy -c:a:1 ac3 -b:a:1 192k -ac:a:1 6 -c:a:1 copy -c:a:1 copy -c:a:1 copy -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -map 0:3 -map 0:4 -map 0:5 -map 0:6 -map 0:7 -sn -f mpegts C:\Windows\TEMP\Serviio\transcoding-temp-a5e7362a23bd94670cc21a3843cbe93b.stf

It plays for roughly 2 minutes, then the video freezes, about 5 seconds later the audio freezes, then the Roku reboots. All 6 of the original Star Wars rips do this. The Force Awakens doesn't, but the ffmpeg is identical except for one place on the video. Empire says yuv420p(tv, bt709, progressive) while Awakens says yuv420p(progressive). Everything else on the line is the same. Finally, Awakens plays about 5-6 minutes (Serviio log reports stopping at 4%) before generating a "File Not Playable" error. Son't know why it would play for so long then throw the error.

I have another M2TS file with H264 video and DTS-MA audio that I though was playing fine, but it just crashed the Roku as well, only after about 4 minutes of playback.
EDIT: Just discovered one thing: I have another BD rip in a MKV container and TrueHD audio. This one is playing with no issues.

Just confirmed with another m2ts file with standard ac3 audio. No transcoding required, and it's playing fine. There's something with transcoding DTS-MA to ac3 that's mucking things up.

The full debug log is attached. Here's the ffmpeg info for the video:
  Code:
Input #0, mpegts, from 'the empire strikes back (1980).m2ts':
  Duration: 02:04:55.17, start: 11.650667, bitrate: 44473 kb/s
  Program 1
    Stream #0:0[0x1011]: Video: h264 (High) (HDMV / 0x564D4448), yuv420p(tv, bt709, progressive), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 90k tbn, 47.95 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0x1100]: Audio: dts (DTS-HD MA) ([134][0][0][0] / 0x0086), 48000 Hz, 6.1, s32p (24 bit)
    Stream #0:2[0x1101]: Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 448 kb/s
    Stream #0:3[0x1102]: Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 448 kb/s
    Stream #0:4[0x1103]: Audio: dts (DTS) ([130][0][0][0] / 0x0082), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 768 kb/s
    Stream #0:5[0x1104]: Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 448 kb/s
    Stream #0:6[0x1105]: Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 224 kb/s
    Stream #0:7[0x1106]: Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 224 kb/s
    Stream #0:8[0x1200]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090), 1920x1080
    Stream #0:9[0x1201]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090), 1920x1080
    Stream #0:10[0x1202]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090), 1920x1080
    Stream #0:11[0x1203]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:12[0x1204]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090), 1920x1080
    Stream #0:13[0x1205]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090), 1920x1080
    Stream #0:14[0x1206]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090), 1920x1080
    Stream #0:15[0x1207]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090), 1920x1080
    Stream #0:16[0x1208]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090), 1920x1080
    Stream #0:17[0x1209]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:18[0x120a]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:19[0x120b]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:20[0x120c]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:21[0x120d]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:22[0x120e]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:23[0x120f]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:24[0x1210]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:25[0x1211]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:26[0x1212]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:27[0x1213]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:28[0x1214]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:29[0x1215]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:30[0x1216]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:31[0x1217]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:32[0x1218]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:33[0x1219]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:34[0x121a]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:35[0x121b]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
    Stream #0:36[0x121c]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)

So something is tripping the Roku up. As I said, I'll provide the same info to Roku to see if perhaps there's something wrong with the Roku Media Player app.
Attachments
serviio.zip
(42.38 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Dan

<<

zip

Post Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:43 pm

There is something weird about the ffmpeg line anyway. I will have a look, but not immediately. Try to disable delivering all audio tracks in the console (so that it only delivers the preferred one).

Any change producing a few second small file with the same tracks and codecs?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:10 pm

Here's a kicker. I am using the same exact profile with the latest Roku Stick, and I'm having no difficulty with the same videos that were crashing the Roku TV. Getting suspicious there's a Roku firmware issue. Still, looking forward to anything you discover about the ffmpeg command line.

FYI, I did not update ffmpeg with the latest x64 version. Using the one shipped with Serviio 1.8.

EDIT: the error still occurred using the Roku Stick, but it played much further before giving the playback error. Is there something I can add to the ac3 settings that might work better than the default? Maybe a higher bitrate?
Dan

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:41 am

Zip, may have resolved the issue. I added aBitrate="640" to the transcoding line, and so far the video has played for much longer without issue. I'm going to let it play for a good 20-30 minutes before I declare it resolved.

All I can figure is the ffmpeg default of 192 kbps is insufficient to properly transcode DTS-MA.

EDIT: Nope, still causing the Roku to reboot. It just takes longer. Instead of 2 minutes I'm getting more like 15, but it still crashes. Trying to use AAC as the audio target, but can't even get that to run. Log shows "Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:1 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height". I wasn't specifying any parameter.
Dan

Next

Return to Transcoding