FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DVD to MKV using Handbrake

<<

Joooom

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: DVD to MKV using Handbrake

Illico wrote:Well, do you read this topic about Sony BDP profile details: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2004
You could try with the last section example by removing mkv remux option and play natively.

Should it be the same result as disabling the Transcoding in the console? by disabling it, the BDP recognize the MKV files as DivX instead of M2TS, it could be played but not smoothly.
<<

MoonPie2000

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:32 am

Okay guys got a little more info :P - I used handbrake to make MKV file and i got it to play on Samsung c series 5500 / 6900 players but it will not play on Sony BDP-S570 :evil: It gives the corrupt or unsupported file error. So my guess is it is in the profile? Soooooo can someone help me validate if it is in the profile or somewhere else. I am defiantly a noob and need someone to step me thru this first 'training' class to troubleshoot this. Thanks...
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed May 25, 2011 12:37 pm

MoonPie2000 wrote:Okay guys got a little more info :P - I used handbrake to make MKV file and i got it to play on Samsung c series 5500 / 6900 players but it will not play on Sony BDP-S570 :evil: It gives the corrupt or unsupported file error. So my guess is it is in the profile? Soooooo can someone help me validate if it is in the profile or somewhere else. I am defiantly a noob and need someone to step me thru this first 'training' class to troubleshoot this. Thanks...

I get a lot of these "unsupported or corrupt" errors for my Sony BDP-S370.

Just to make sure I had tested everything, I took to always doing a

ffmpeg -i <filename.mp4> -vcodec copy -acodec copy -scodec copy -f mp4 newfilename.mp4

for any mp4 file that fails after being served by serviio.

This has invariably cleared the problem for mp4 files.

It seems the Sony players are extremely fussy about exact format compliance, and I would suggest trying something similar for mkv files.
My WD TV Live will manage to play most mp4 and mkv files that fail on the Sony S370, but in the few cases where WDTV fails too, the "recontainering" seems to help.

The problem files are files made by handbrake, files downloaded as mp4 rtmp streams, and files found in the great net void.
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
The media files are on the same machine.
<<

Churtner

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:27 am

I see that you are getting the file corrupt or unsupported error when using Handbrake convert DVD to MKV, this might be caused by the DVD copy protection. If your DVDs are copy protected, Handbrake won't be helpful since a plugin named libdvdcss has been removed from HandBrake since the version of 0.9.3. You need to install libdvdcss all by you to help you deal with DVD ripping: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/handbrake-libdvdcss.html
Previous

Return to Transcoding