FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Subtitle Config / Multiple Streams

<<

DrSuSE

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:41 am

Subtitle Config / Multiple Streams

Hi guys! New to Serviio, tried to search for the answer on my own but came up short...

I think this is a config issue, not a player issue... but I am playing this on a Samsung H6350 series TV (assigned the E/F profile by default).

I am trying to play MKV files with embedded ASS subtitles. The issue is that there are 2 streams (streams 3 and 4), both ENG. Stream 3 (default in the file per ffmpeg) is only for "signs/songs" where as stream 4 is what I really want ("full subs").

How do I tell Serviio which stream to use? I tried checking/unchecking about every combination of boxes in Languages & Subtitles sections of the console.

Help appreciated in advance, thank you.
<<

lagunaa

Serviio lover

Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:52 am

Re: Subtitle Config / Multiple Streams

DrSuSE wrote:The issue is that there are 2 streams (streams 3 and 4), both ENG. Stream 3 (default in the file per ffmpeg) is only for "signs/songs" where as stream 4 is what I really want ("full subs").

How do I tell Serviio which stream to use? I tried checking/unchecking about every combination of boxes in Languages & Subtitles sections of the console.

I think it could be related to ticket https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... les-marked. And maybe it depends on the device you are using if it supports multi tracks selection for subs.

Return to Transcoding