FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Two bugs regarding transcoding

<<

Sheriff Hobbes

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:47 am

Two bugs regarding transcoding

Hello,

I believe I found two bugs regarding transcoding. I'm on Serviio 1.7.1.1 on CentOS 7.

1. The option (in the console) "Delivery -> Transcoding -> Enable transcoding" has no effect. After disabling it, files still get transcoded.
2. The option "Transcoded files location" on the same page has no effect either. It's always reverted back to /tmp. Even setting the parameter "serviio.defaultTranscodeFolder" in /opt/serviio/bin/serviio.sh has no effect.

Those two bugs can make the system instable. When I browse to a bigger movie in the media browser and click on "Play", Serviio starts transcoding in the /tmp folder until it's used 100%. Even if I stop playing in the
media browser after one second, it still tries to transcode the whole file to the end. And you know it's not a good things if tmpfs runs out of space...

I've attached a debug log from the action of playing the movie in media browser. From the log you can see that even though the "Enable transcoding" option is not checked, it starts transcoding the video, and that at the end it fails because the filesystem is full.

Thanks,
SH
Attachments
serviio.log
(15.29 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
Marriage is a three ring circus:
-engagement ring
-wedding ring
-suffering

H. L. Mencken
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: Two bugs regarding transcoding

I am not an expert on reading the log, so Zip will have to weigh in on that. Do you have Burn-in Subtitles enabled? That will force transcoding even if you have it disabled.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Sheriff Hobbes

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:57 pm

Re: Two bugs regarding transcoding

atc98092 wrote:Do you have Burn-in Subtitles enabled?

No.
Marriage is a three ring circus:
-engagement ring
-wedding ring
-suffering

H. L. Mencken

Return to Transcoding