FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is it possible to use .wtv files with my BD-C6500?

<<

bloodevil

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 24, 2011 3:55 am

Is it possible to use .wtv files with my BD-C6500?

I am a newbie to the transcoding scene, and haven't had to learn very much thus far since Serviio worked so well with my Samsung Bluray player right out of the box. But I recently installed a Ceton InfinTV tuner and would like to be able to record TV in Windows Media Center and stream the recorded programs to my Bluray player. Can anyone give some guidance on how I might do this? Any help is appreciated.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue May 24, 2011 8:55 am

Re: Is it possible to use .wtv files with my BD-C6500?

It should be supported already with the Samsung C profile
<<

rcooper5908

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Is it possible to use .wtv files with my BD-C6500?

bloodevil wrote:I am a newbie to the transcoding scene, and haven't had to learn very much thus far since Serviio worked so well with my Samsung Bluray player right out of the box. But I recently installed a Ceton InfinTV tuner and would like to be able to record TV in Windows Media Center and stream the recorded programs to my Bluray player. Can anyone give some guidance on how I might do this? Any help is appreciated.

This will be a problem if the content was protected, DRM will apply. This is the specific reason I still do my recording with the HDPVR as it exploits the "analog hole" and resulting recordings are DRM free. Depending on your provider some cable content may be flagged copy freely but most is not and none of your premium services will be flagged copy freely for almost for sure unless you are verizon fios in a few markets.

Return to Transcoding