FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Setup to play media on Android devices ... working

<<

gligorije

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:43 am

Re: Setup to play media on Android devices ... working

Hi.
I have HTC Desire and I am using Skifta as a serviio client with Rock player/mx video player. I can watch video from my local folders but I can't watch live tv from online RSS/Atom feed. I always get a message: "Sorry, this video cannot be player" which ever channel I tried and player I used. Any help?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:51 pm

gligorije wrote:Hi.
I have HTC Desire and I am using Skifta as a serviio client with Rock player/mx video player. I can watch video from my local folders but I can't watch live tv from online RSS/Atom feed. I always get a message: "Sorry, this video cannot be player" which ever channel I tried and player I used. Any help?

1. live feeds and atom/rss are 2 different things which are you having issues with?

2. skifta picks them up fine and has no issue with showing rss and live feeds.

3. Rockplayer Lite on other hand does seem to have a seek issue with RSS streams ( they still play but ffwd and rwd fail ) but thats not something serviio can help with thats down to makers of rockplayer.

4. Rockplayer Lite again has slight issue with live streams as it doesnt seem to like the none ending part of them, but again thats not something serviio can help with thats down to makers of rockplayer.

5. mx player constantly crashes/hangs my mobile so i am unable to test that.

6. check your RSS or live stream is valid by running ffmpeg -i on it.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

pur_berger

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:18 pm

I have meanwhiel tzried . well - every thinakbale combination to resolve my Timeimg issue ... but no chance.

Every Fiel I try to play has a more or less gap between Picture and sound (sond before picture) - teh Player tries to keep up (sometimes you see faster Movemenst until it's again in sync more or less) but most of the time is rather - frustrating.

What I don't know - is the player responsible for the sync (I still use UPNP and Mobo), the Client or serviio? In serviio I use Transcoding and Generic Profile (wow - also subtitles are dsiplayd - love it ;))

Any Ideas how to improve this?
<<

gligorije

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Live feeds are ok, I can watch channels on comp. What programs do you suggest for watching on androd?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:41 pm

pur_berger wrote:I have meanwhiel tzried . well - every thinakbale combination to resolve my Timeimg issue ... but no chance.

Every Fiel I try to play has a more or less gap between Picture and sound (sond before picture) - teh Player tries to keep up (sometimes you see faster Movemenst until it's again in sync more or less) but most of the time is rather - frustrating.

What I don't know - is the player responsible for the sync (I still use UPNP and Mobo), the Client or serviio? In serviio I use Transcoding and Generic Profile (wow - also subtitles are dsiplayd - love it ;))

Any Ideas how to improve this?

your not using the one i recommended so i cant comment on them upnp is fine but mobo i didnt like, try with rockplayer lite.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:43 pm

gligorije wrote:Live feeds are ok, I can watch channels on comp. What programs do you suggest for watching on androd?

ok now follow the step i gave you and report back on findings.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

pur_berger

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Ahm - and if using your recommandation - what would be a good setting?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:58 pm

pur_berger wrote:Ahm - and if using your recommandation - what would be a good setting?

no settings required my recommnedation works right off the bat. (generic profile)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

pur_berger

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:24 pm

nep - rockplayer also has problems in diaplaying - makes the Video with pixelerrors + soundlag. Can serviio reduce the quality?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:36 pm

pur_berger wrote:nep - rockplayer also has problems in diaplaying - makes the Video with pixelerrors + soundlag. Can serviio reduce the quality?

must be your phone cause i have perfect picture on mine.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

wowwow

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:35 am

I have serviio managing but after setting up and setting up UpnPlay on my cellphone I can´t get it to go to anything but my regional information. My serviio hosting server does not appear on my phone. :shock:
I love WOW GOLD so much!!!
WOW Gold
Cheap WOW Gold
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:08 am

You have a netwirk connection to your network? Wifi

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

Heffaklump

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:20 pm

HELP!

I can not get this to work work! for my andriod phone (HTC Gratia} I´ve tried everything posted in this thread and other threads but by no way can I manage to stream data from my computer (via Serviio) to my phone. The closest I have come to is I that I can stream movies and pictures to my bravida tv, which by the way works serviio excellent.

I have a HTC Gratia, could the problem lay there? It just can´t fix the stuff I want to accomplish?

BTW: Im considering buying some sort of tab (galaxy tab) but I don´t dare to fix buy one before I can get this working! Serviio works excellent with my 2011 Bravida TV so why cant my phone work the same way :((((

PS: A lot of what I have done and tired has already been explained earlier in this thread. And I have a CG3100 Netgrear router and I´ve tried both skifta and Upandplay without success....

Please help me :)
<<

Heffaklump

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Ok, I fixed it by using BubbleUPnP. No clue why that one worked instead of the others. But as long as I can watch stuff on my phone I´m a happy camper :P
<<

Heffaklump

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:58 pm

ronsmits wrote:Late to this topic, but I thought I would post my setup anyway.

To play all content on my samsung galaxy tab 10.1v I use BubbleUpnp and mobyplayer. To make my android play everything I set the profile for bubbleUpnp to "Toshiba Rezga". All 720p and higher mkv's get transcoded to mpeg and gets played without any problem.

just my 0.02 cts

Ron

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I were close to rip of my hair trying to get this to work! This solved all my problems!
*<(:o)-|<
<<

ilikeit111

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:22 am

My 2 cents worth. I flashed CM9 onto my touchpad. Used bubbleupnp and mx player with the mx mpeg codec. I used the Sony 2011 profile. Plays mkv, vob, avi's. Doesn't play xvid. Still working on it.
Previous

Return to Transcoding