FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Renderer Profile for BDP-83 (for .avi and .mp4)

<<

JohnnyCanuck

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:18 am

Renderer Profile for BDP-83 (for .avi and .mp4)

Pretty new to Serviio and my first post.

I've just built a new WHS 2011 server and discovered Serviio in the process of looking for better DNLA servers than TVersity and Twonky. Pretty familiar with both of those, but was playing with Serviio trying to get .avi and .mp4 files to play on my Oppo BDP-83 (want to take advantage of the ABT video processing on the Oppo).

After much playing around and sorting through Serviio syntax in my brain, here's what I came up with:

Code:

<Profile id="14" name="OPPO BDP83" extendsProfileId="1">
   <Detection>
         <HttpHeaders>
            <User-Agent>.*OPPO.*</User-Agent>
         </HttpHeaders>
   </Detection>
   <Transcoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpeg" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="avi" />
            <Matches container="mp4" />
         </Video>
   </Transcoding>
</Profile>

Having tested it on both .avi and .mp4 files it seems to work. I would rather simply remux than transcode if possible, anyone have any suggestions? My server has plenty of horsepower to transcode if necessary, but not my ideal choice.

By the way ... so far, really impressed with Serviio.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:02 am

Re: Renderer Profile for BDP-83 (for .avi and .mp4)

JohnnyCanuck wrote:I would rather simply remux than transcode if possible, anyone have any suggestions? My server has plenty of horsepower to transcode if necessary, but not my ideal choice.

Give us some example.
Does Oppo support h264/avc/x264 video codec into avi/mpegts/mkv ?
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

JohnnyCanuck

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:08 pm

All three codecs definitely into .mkv.
<<

bens993

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Johnny

Which version of WHS are you running? I also have BDP-83 but I am trying to transcode flac to LPCM. I titled my device OPPO BDP83 and I am using the profile below. Any idea what I am doing wrong? The OPPO plays MP3s fine but all I see on the OPPO interface is blank folders although their are flac files there if I open the folder on my whs console. I cant remux I dont think cause OPPO doesnt support FLAC. Would appreciate help if you can.

Thanks
Ben

</Profile>

<Profile id="14" name="OPPO BDP-83" extendsProfileId="1">
<Detection>
<HttpHeaders>
<User-Agent>.*OPPO.*</User-Agent>
</HttpHeaders>
</Detection>
<Transcoding>
<Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
<Matches container="flac" />
</Audio>
</Transcoding>
</Profile>

</Profiles>
<<

jdryyz

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:38 pm

I am an Oppo BDP-83 user also and I'm testing the latest serviio on Mac OS X Yosemite. I was curious why there isn't already a built-in renderer profile for the 83 since it is listed in the supported renderers section.

I want to avoid transcoding when possible. .mkv files playback fine by default but there are other formats that do not appear in my browser list. Curiously, avi and divx are listed as supported formats on the BDP-83 FAQ page but I have always had to transcode these. Will the above profile code allow for these to playback natively?

I'm confused on how to create my own profile though. The serviio website says profiles are stored in config/profiles.xml but I do not see that anywhere. Also, is the above code an addendum to a larger set of code or is it the complete profile?

Thanks.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:47 pm

jdryyz wrote:IThe serviio website says profiles are stored in config/profiles.xml but I do not see that anywhere.

I've updated the docs to point you to the proper location.
<<

jdryyz

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:51 pm

Thank you for the info. I found the config file and used UltraEdit for Mac to edit it. I noticed that the code provided above contained the number "14" and there was already a 14 used in the profile list so I chose another number that I figured was unused. After a reboot of the computer, the profile was available for me to assign to the Oppo's IP.

I guess I misunderstood the original post, however. I thought a way was found to play .avi and .mp4 files without transcoding. Instead, I now believe the intent was just to get .avi. and .mp4 files visible in the browser list. Yes, I see them. However, the moment "transcoding" is disabled, they disappear!

So it all goes back to a limitation of the Oppo 83's DLNA capabilities. The 93 is improved in this area, but due to the changes in HDMI handshaking, it is not compatible with my HT setup.
<<

jdryyz

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:37 pm

I am revisiting serviio with the latest release (1.6).

I really like the new console. It is working fine with my Oppo BDP-93 (Generic profile) and Sony BDP-S790 (2012 profile).

I am still having trouble seeing .avi and .mp4 files on my Oppo BDP-83, however.

I added the code provided by the original poster to the profiles.xml file. The new profile is available from the list and I applied it to the correct IP address. Unfortunately, I can still only see .mkv files in the browse list. Oh, .mpeg (MPEG 2, not MPEG 4) files are also visible.

What am I doing wrong?

Return to Transcoding