FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trascode Flac to LPCM Oppo

<<

bens993

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:56 am

Trascode Flac to LPCM Oppo

Installed Serviio for WHS and it works great. Does anyone have the profile to transcode FLAC to LPCM for an OPPO BDP-83. Searched this forum and came up empty. Thanks !
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Trascode Flac to LPCM Oppo

this is transcode section you would need:

Code:

<Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
            <Matches container="flac" />
  </Audio>

To make a full profile for the device we would need more information on it:

see my signiture for howto ( Provide supported formats of a device )
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

bens993

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:21 am

i installed the tool but it doesnt list all of my devices, only my dvr but not my tv and oppo dvd player which show up in my server console. I even looked for it by ip address but no avail. Any ideas? I tried the original profile you gave me but my device doesnt see the files so i assume i need a custom profile for the device? Does anyone have an Oppo BDP-83 profile?
Last edited by bens993 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:17 am

bens993 wrote:i installed the tool but it doesnt list all of my devices, only my dvr but not my tv and oppo dvd player which show up in my server console. I even looked for it by ip address but no avail. Any ideas?

This tool help us to determine format supported by the device.
But first step, you can start with the generic profile (default) and try.
Second step, we could try to add specific transcoding information in addition to generic profile inheritance.

Could you clear the device list on the serviio console, enable detailed logging (see siognature link), restart serviio service and post the log file here?
We could find information for device auto detection.

bens993 wrote:Will the original profile you gave me work without knowing my specific device.

According to this information Oppo BDP-93 supports LPCM audio, are there DLNA differences with BDP-83, not sure( Wifi, 3D,etc).
http://certification.dlna.org/certs/REG70018831.pdf
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:19 am

Look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2677#p16403

Code:
<Profile id="14" name="OPPO BDP83" extendsProfileId="1">
    <Detection>
        <HttpHeaders>
            <User-Agent>.*OPPO.*</User-Agent>
        </HttpHeaders>
    </Detection>
    <Transcoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpeg" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="avi" />
            <Matches container="mp4" />
        </Video>
        </Audio>         
    </Transcoding>
</Profile>
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
<<

bens993

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:07 am

Illico wrote:
bens993 wrote:i installed the tool but it doesnt list all of my devices, only my dvr but not my tv and oppo dvd player which show up in my server console. I even looked for it by ip address but no avail. Any ideas?

Second step, we could try to add specific transcoding information in addition to generic profile inheritance.

Could you clear the device list on the serviio console, enable detailed logging (see siognature link), restart serviio service and post the log file here?

bens993 wrote:Will the original profile you gave me work without knowing my specific device.

According to this information Oppo BDP-93 supports LPCM audio, are there DLNA differences with BDP-83, not sure( Wifi, 3D,etc).

BDP-93 also supports FLAC but not the BDP-83
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:06 am

bens993 wrote:BDP-93 also supports FLAC but not the BDP-83

So
</Audio>

could be removed for BDP-93
Illico
<<

bens993

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:04 am

Illico wrote:

on whs i am at a loss on how to find log4j.xml in config folder Where is the config folder?
<<

bens993

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:26 pm

bens993 wrote:Installed Serviio for WHS and it works great. Does anyone have the profile to transcode FLAC to LPCM for an OPPO BDP-83. Searched this forum and came up empty. Thanks !

I have quite a few flacs ripped from mediamonkey. The OPPO DVD player displays the individual folders but not the individual flac files. I know this is because the OPPO doesnt support FLAC, I am using generic transcode profile but what is missing in the profile that allows the flac files to appear? What do they appear as?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:55 pm

bens993 wrote:
bens993 wrote:Installed Serviio for WHS and it works great. Does anyone have the profile to transcode FLAC to LPCM for an OPPO BDP-83. Searched this forum and came up empty. Thanks !

I have quite a few flacs ripped from mediamonkey. The OPPO DVD player displays the individual folders but not the individual flac files. I know this is because the OPPO doesnt support FLAC, I am using generic transcode profile but what is missing in the profile that allows the flac files to appear? What do they appear as?

neext time plaease read all the posts in a thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2770#p16990
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

bens993

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Illico wrote:

I read the signature link regarding editing the file log4j.xml in the config folder however I do not have a config folder or log4j.xml. I am running Serviio on windows home server v1 not windows xp, does that matter? I am pretty computer savy although i flunked cobol and fortran. When I run device spy from UPNP tools I was only able to run on the PC, the upnp tools msi file doesnt install through the server like most add ins do. I wish someone had some specific instructions geared towards WHS. I am very close but I am doing something wrong. Please help.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:09 pm

bens993 wrote:
Illico wrote:

I read the signature link regarding editing the file log4j.xml in the config folder however I do not have a config folder or log4j.xml. I am running Serviio on windows home server v1 not windows xp, does that matter? I am pretty computer savy although i flunked cobol and fortran. When I run device spy from UPNP tools I was only able to run on the PC, the upnp tools msi file doesnt install through the server like most add ins do. I wish someone had some specific instructions geared towards WHS. I am very close but I am doing something wrong. Please help.

you will still have a conf folder.

32bit. - c:\program file\serviio\config\

64bit. - c:\program file(x86)\serviio\config\
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

bens993

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Again Serviio is installed on the server itself but I checked just for grins and I do not have a serviio config folder on my c drive. WHS is an OS for a server. I am using this version of serviio. http://serviiowhs.codeplex.com/ Perhaps I should go on that forum to find location of config file. I still dont get why UPNP tools installed on my cd drive when it is an msi file that should install on the server OS through the add ins console. The server OS didnt recognize the UPNP developer tool msi file.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:13 pm

you have to get there through Remote Desktop. But i think the WHS console has a button for editing the config files.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:07 pm

bens993 wrote:Again Serviio is installed on the server itself but I checked just for grins and I do not have a serviio config folder on my c drive. WHS is an OS for a server. I am using this version of serviio. http://serviiowhs.codeplex.com/ Perhaps I should go on that forum to find location of config file.

Ok heres a little information or you WHS ( windows home server ) operates like any other version of windows you can even use it as your desktop OS if you really wish. Now you either have to sit infront of the server with a keyboard monitor and mouse connected or as zip stated remote desktop into the server, once logged in you have to then go to c:\Program files\serviio\config\ and do as we have instructed and edit the config file.

for your reference to http://serviiowhs.codeplex.com/ IS NOT SERVIIO all that is is an addon to allow you to control serviio from WHS control panel.

bens993 wrote: I still dont get why UPNP tools installed on my cd drive when it is an msi file that should install on the server OS through the add ins console. The server OS didnt recognize the UPNP developer tool msi file.

the Intel tools installer IS NOT the same as the addon installers for WHS it has to be installed on the OS by being either actualy sitting at the server (with keyboard and monitor) or by remote desktop connection NOT via the WHS control panel.

hopefully this clears up a few thing and we can try and sort your original problem/ :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

bens993

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:23 am

ok thanks for the clarification on the upnp tools. I visited the
serviio for whs site http://serviiowhs.codeplex.com/ and got the reply below pertaining to turning on detailed logging and editing the log4j.xml file. The remote desktop method worked for me. Hopefully I can post the sesults soon.

ptyork "You should be able to access log4j.xml and profiles.xml using your windows pc. Simply open up a windows explorer window (e.g., click on "My Computer"). Then in the address bar (same place as a web browser) type in:

\\MyServerName\c$\Program Files\Serviio\config

Obviously use your own server name. The c$ is a "hidden" shared folder that you SHOULD have access to. If it asks for a user id and password, use "Administrator" and your Windows Home Server's password.

If that doesn't work, then you can use Remote Desktop to connect to your WHS. Press Win+R (or click on Start / Run... if you have WinXP), type "mstsc" and press enter (stands for "MicroSoft Terminal Services Client" which is the old name for Remote Desktop). This should bring up a dialog box that asks for your computer name. Enter the name of the home server and click Connect. Log in using the "Administrator" user id and your home server's password. You should then be looking at a desktop. Open up My Computer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Serviio\config.

Incidentally, make sure you use a text editor like Notepad to open the configuration files. Double clicking on them by default opens them in Internet Explorer, which won't allow you to edit them." Hope this helps other WHS users.
<<

bens993

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:06 am

Illico wrote:

Thanks I figured out how to turn on logging on the server, I copied and pasted to notepad and have uploaded an attachment of contents of my serviio.log file I had to delete all of the library manager logs and metadata logs make the file a manageable size. Hope this helps and thank you for your help.
Attachments
serviio.log
serviio log file
(124.3 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:40 am

Code:
    <Detection>
        <HttpHeaders>
        </HttpHeaders>
    </Detection>
    <Transcoding>
        </Video>
        </Audio>         
    </Transcoding>
</Profile>

Did you try adding this profile to your profiles.xml file and selecting it in the console??
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

bens993

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:49 am

Cerberus wrote:
  Code:
    <Detection>
        <HttpHeaders>
        </HttpHeaders>
    </Detection>
    <Transcoding>
        </Video>
        </Audio>         
    </Transcoding>
</Profile>

Did you try adding this profile to your profiles.xml file and selecting it in the console??

I entered the following because I do not need video. It was added through the edit profile file tab in whs. I enabled transcoding in the serviio console as well. I can see folders but no files.

Code:
<Profile id="14" name="OPPO BDP-83" extendsProfileId="1">
    <Detection>
        <HttpHeaders>
        </HttpHeaders>
    </Detection>
    <Transcoding>
        </Audio>         
    </Transcoding>
</Profile>
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:46 am

Try transcode into mp3:

Code:
<Profile id="14" name="OPPO BDP-83" extendsProfileId="1">
    <Detection>
        <HttpHeaders>
        </HttpHeaders>
    </Detection>
    <Transcoding>
        <Audio targetContainer="mp3">
        </Audio>         
    </Transcoding>
</Profile>
Illico
Next

Return to Transcoding