FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WMA to a Panny TX-L32D28BP

<<

Edward

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:54 pm

WMA to a Panny TX-L32D28BP

Hi

I can't seem to listen to WMA (file not supported) on a Panasonic TX-L32D28BP using the Panasonic Viera profile. Also tried using the standard DLNA profile, still not working.

Using the Panasonic Vierra profile video stuff transcodes just fine, as indeed flac audio, just not WMA.

I have a ton of WMA files and really need to get WMA to stream.

WMP server works fine to the Panasonic (as one would expect).

thanks for any clues or help.

cheers
Edward
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:41 pm

Re: WMA to a Panny TX-L32D28BP

Open the profiles.xml in the serviio directory. look for the Panasonic Viera profile. In that profile look for a section that looks like the below.

Code:
<Audio targetContainer="mp3"> 
            <Matches container="mp4" />
            <Matches container="asf" />
            <Matches container="lpcm" />
            <Matches container="flac" />
            <Matches container="ogg" />
</Audio>

Add the following to the profile right before the </audio>

Code:
<Matches container="wma" />

I am not sure what the "<audio targetcontainer" is for the Panasonic Viera profile is but the format should be the same as the above sample.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:52 pm

not wma, should be asf like

Code:
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:12 pm

Is it still "asf" if it is an audio file? If so might need to edit the Audio section below.

Code:
Supported media files

Audio: MP3( .mp3), Windows Media Audio (.wma), AAC (.m4a), OGG (.ogg, .oga), FLAC (.flac)
Video: MPEG-1 (.mpg, .mpeg), MPEG-2 PS (.mpg, .mpeg, vob, mod), MPEG-2 TS (.ts, .m2ts), MPEG-4 (.mp4, m4v, mov), AVI (.avi, .divx), Windows Media Video (.wmv, .asf), Matroska (.mkv), Flash (.flv, .f4v), DVR-MS (.dvr, .dvr-ms), WTV (.wtv)
Image: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), GIF (.gif), PNG (.png)

Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:18 pm

those are file extensions, here are the container names for transcoding as FFmpeg/Serviio use them: http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=24
<<

Edward

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:54 am

Thanks guys very much. I will have a play when I get back home (note to self: set up remote login for WHS2011).

I think I understand what I now need to do and understand the concept of containers names and the use of file names. For reference I read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Systems_Format.

Will update this thread later.

Ed
<<

Edward

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:35 am

Well that worked just fine. :lol:

Relevant audio settings in the Viera profile is now:

Code:
                 </Audio>

Basically added the 'asf' line.

It did not work immediately, even stopping and then starting the Serviio server, the new settings only took once I did a full restart of my HP server.

thanks
Ed
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:40 am

Edward wrote:Well that worked just fine. :lol:

Relevant audio settings in the Viera profile is now:

Code:
                 </Audio>

Basically added the 'asf' line.

It did not work immediately, even stopping and then starting the Serviio server, the new settings only took once I did a full restart of my HP server.

thanks
Ed

stopping and starting serviio from the console wont actualy stop the service to do that you actualy have to kill the service process from running in windows you do this by right clicking on serviio in taskbar and selecting " exit serviio " option, in linux you would have to stop the PID relating to the serviio service. :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
<<

Edward

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:15 am

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the clarification, that is most useful.

Perhaps an option could be applied to the Serviio dashboard for such a kill/restart feature?

By the way do you know why the default profiles do not include all the usual containers, such as ASF? Is there an overhead issue here of some kind that the serviio program wishes to mitigate?

Edward
<<

zip

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:22 am

Perhaps an option could be applied to the Serviio dashboard for such a kill/restart feature?

The option is in the Windows Start menu Serviio folder (you might hane to right-click as Run As Administrator)
By the way do you know why the default profiles do not include all the usual containers, such as ASF? Is there an overhead issue here of some kind that the serviio program wishes to mitigate?

Probably just omission, we don't have a dedicated person with Panasonic to create the best possible profile so it's more what users tell us works.
<<

Edward

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:48 am

Ah thanks zip/Petr for the info. That is clear.

What I may do, when I find some time, is to download all the various sample video and audio files (I think I saw you post links to such files somewhere on this site), put it on my HP server and test each file on my Panasonic. Where specific files fail I will then try find the relevant container and adjust my profile. The aim would be to arrive at a complete Panasonic profile which I could share here.

Have a nice weekend.

Edward
<<

zip

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:52 am

Edward wrote:Ah thanks zip/Petr for the info. That is clear.

What I may do, when I find some time, is to download all the various sample video and audio files (I think I saw you post links to such files somewhere on this site), put it on my HP server and test each file on my Panasonic. Where specific files fail I will then try find the relevant container and adjust my profile. The aim would be to arrive at a complete Panasonic profile which I could share here.

Have a nice weekend.

Edward

that would be great

Return to Transcoding