FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Android phone profile

<<

Macgyver33

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Android phone profile

I am having trouble making a profile for my Google/Samsung Nexus S (Android 2.3.6) to transcode some MPEGTS 1080i TV recordings. I have tried both UPnPlay and iMediashare to access the Serviio media files and then play them on the Nexus S with MoboPlayer. The video plays but it isn't smooth and the audio is out of sync and drops out once in awhile. I have tried all the built-in Serviio profiles with no luck. I made a custom profile and have tried various combinations of things with various video bit rates going as low as 1000 and also forcing the audio to transcode to mp3 and aac as well as using the MPEG2PS and MPEG2TS.

Here is some info from the 1080i TS files I am trying to play from the server: Video resolution 1920x1080, 59.94 fps, Audio AC3, 48000Hz, audio bitrate 384 kb/s

Here are the compatible formats that the Nexus S can play:
Audio = AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, AMR-NB, MP3, OGG
Video = H.264, H.263, MPEG-4, VP8

Any tips on what transcoding settings I should use to make a profile for these files? Is it the lack of video resizing that might be the issue (I think my Nexus S can play 720p files)?

Thanks!
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:14 am

Re: Android phone profile

Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Macgyver33

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:51 am

Cerberus wrote:http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3465

I tried Skifta with Rockplayer and I have the same slow video and out of sync audio as with UPnPlay and Moboplayer.

Rockplayer looks oddly similar to Moboplayer except I noticed Rockplayer would player 5-10 sec of video after I hit pause and Mobo was able to pause when I pressed the button.

What Serviio profile are you using?
What types of source files have you been able to play (resolution, bitrate, file format, etc.)?
What Android device and OS version are you playing them on?
Could the ffmpeg version that Serviio is using be the issue? I am using Serviio 0.6.0.1 on Windows Home Server version 1 (Server 2003).

Thanks
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:46 am

Macgyver33 wrote:
Cerberus wrote:http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3465

I tried Skifta with Rockplayer and I have the same slow video and out of sync audio as with UPnPlay and Moboplayer.

Rockplayer looks oddly similar to Moboplayer except I noticed Rockplayer would player 5-10 sec of video after I hit pause and Mobo was able to pause when I pressed the button.

What Serviio profile are you using? Generic Profile
What types of source files have you been able to play (resolution, bitrate, file format, etc.)? Lots im one of the beta tester so i test all file types and qualities
What Android device and OS version are you playing them on? HTC incredible S and Gingerbread (2.3)
Could the ffmpeg version that Serviio is using be the issue? I am using Serviio 0.6.0.1 on Windows Home Server version 1 (Server 2003). nope

Thanks

Never had out of sync issues, slow video or pause issues, in any of my tests.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:45 am

I am running upnplay on my droid x with serviio running on a linux box and I get little to no stuttering and when I get stuttering it is due to being on a wireless repeater and not the main router.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx

Return to Transcoding