FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

X Box 360

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: X Box 360

moltra wrote:But to stop an update microsoft would have to have a list of all the banned consoles in the update or something else to identify the banned console. IF there was such a file and the file could be edited and the console in question removed then the offline update should work.

nope the actual codec is DRM'd so it wont work unless your signed into xbox live.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:06 am

but that would not stop the update from being installed.

I will have to check with my son and see if he can watch serviio while logged out of live.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi all. So i again tried updating a banned xbox360 console after reading these last posts. i tried using updates burned to a cd. i tried it with update provided at xbox360 live as well as updates posted thru other sites. i was unable to do so each time. the cd loads as a mixed media disc with no option to play or open any files on it. I would be happy to test further on the console that I have with instructions/suggestions from someone as to what I may be doing wrong.I'm thinking though that maybe its not possible using software alone. Maybe someone can correct me if Im wrong but the xbox360consoles only play burned content when they are modified physically also? I am not 100% on this so please advise ....................
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:52 pm

When updating via a cd the 360 has to be off before booting from it so insert the cd then power off the 360 and restart it then it will update
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:40 pm

WildRushSykes wrote:When updating via a cd the 360 has to be off before booting from it so insert the cd then power off the 360 and restart it then it will update

I attempted updating it exactly that way. I also attempted inserting the cd, powered off, disconnected power cord, etc and it would not read the cd. I hit every key combination I could think of on the pad and nothing. The only thing I have not tried is disconnecting the hdd, I dont know if that would make a difference or not. Any other things I should try? Also in one of the prev posts I noticed someone mention not being able to play xvid/divx/avi. i am trying to attach a copy of my profiles.xml I have no problems watching these and I have also used hulu, youtube, discovery plugins with no problems

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4401&p=29997#p29997
Attachments
profiles.xml
(56.81 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:29 am

I think alot of what plays maybe when the box was banned. We might want to start tracking the version number of the xbox console. I would guess that some will play more formats and others less all depends when it was banned.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:51 am

Have you tried updating via USB?

Latest update is available here

http://www.xbox.com/system-update-usb

Extract the files to the root of a USB stick formatted to fat32 then restart the console

Failing that you can always update it by using a hard drive from a fully upto date Xbox 360 plugging that into your 360 and it will update itself automatically ive just updated a banned Xbox 360 that ive had for a while and it worked!! Since the update files are stored on the hard drive then used to flash the 360s internal flash memory aslong as the 360 hasnt had its cache cleared the update files will still be on the hard drive :D

This was done on the old style 360 not the new one that uses a 3.5 inch hard drive instead of the sideways brick so cant say if it will work on those as im not sure if they have changed the architecture or not
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:01 am

@WildRushSykes FINALLY!!! I was able to update using zip file you posted. Thank you so much. I immediately tried to play a avi file that previously would not play without conversion and it played. So far so good. There are some other things I still need to check. Will post any further issues or updates. thanx
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:06 am

iheartninjas wrote:@WildRushSykes FINALLY!!! I was able to update using zip file you posted. Thank you so much. I immediately tried to play a avi file that previously would not play without conversion and it played. So far so good. There are some other things I still need to check. Will post any further issues or updates. thanx

Great when you are completely done, Can you post the original version of the xbox software you had and the final version. Also what videos could not be played before and what can be played now.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:09 am

Yes I will get that done asap
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:29 am

im assuming its the latest version as that update was only posted a few days ago and i signed into xbox live using that update on a non banned console and had no updates to get and it had the new fall 2011 dashboard. Mine reads as 2.0.14699.0 and according to wikipedia thats the latest. Awesome that it worked for you will note for future reference if anyone else needs a banned console updated :D Enjoy the movies ;)

<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:07 am

WildRushSykes wrote:im assuming its the latest version as that update was only posted a few days ago and i signed into xbox live using that update on a non banned console and had no updates to get and it had the new fall 2011 dashboard. Mine reads as 2.0.14699.0 and according to wikipedia thats the latest. Awesome that it worked for you will note for future reference if anyone else needs a banned console updated :D Enjoy the movies ;)

Sorry that i did not get this info posted right away been superbusy lately. the firmware version i had was 2.07357.0 (hope my notes are accurate) prior to the update that you sent me any video format that i attempted to play had to be either converted or transcoded to wmv. prior to discovering serviio i was using tversity for this. i regret that i did not keep better notes throughout all of this but if you can instruct me how and what info you need about the files that would previously not play i can get it posted tonight.

here is where i previously posted when i first switched to serviio viewtopic.php?t=4401#p29997
Previous

Return to Transcoding