FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

subtitles when transcoding

<<

jugi

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:50 pm

subtitles when transcoding

Hello!

I'm using samsung es8000 series tv (european model)
and transcoding work very well (mpeg2, ac3 format), but if i like to send the subtitle (. srt data) to tv I need to extract it from the mkv file to standalone file.
It seems that for now it is not possible for servioo to read subtitle data from mkv file when transcoding.

Samsung has a feature that it allows srt streaming via dlna for multiple containers and formats so you can select the subtitle (on/off)

suggestion:
serviio should have default subtitle /default audio selection for transcoding purposes if the file has multiple subtitles or audio sources. It should also be possible the read the subtitle data from the mkv file not needing first extract if from there.

Best, Jukka
<<

flashback_pa

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:02 am

Re: subtitles when transcoding

Hello,
i have a Samsung es8000 as well but i'm not able to let serviio works properly.
The allshare play of the tv correctly finds and connect to serviio (on linux) and i can browse as well, but when i try to watch a movie (mainly divx/xvid tried till now) i always get format not supported from the tv.
I changed the profile file qas well with one i found on the forum here, but with no success.
I guess the problem is related to ffmpeg on my fedora box, can anybody share his experience with this configuration ?
Jugi, could you please let me know which OS are u using for serviio and which profile.xml file are you using ?
Thanks a lot,
Roberto.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:25 pm

For the TV just use the built in profile. Make sure you select it in the console. The TV will hardly transcode anything, so FFMpeg should not be an issue. Are there any errors in your log?
<<

xanadu38

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 pm

I am also using a Samsung 8000 series TV and have the correct profile set up in Serviio (on my HP Microserver) but I cannot use subtitles (which are embedded within the MKV container and not as separate files). Is this something that should work with Serviio?

Thanks
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:17 pm

xanadu38 wrote:I am also using a Samsung 8000 series TV and have the correct profile set up in Serviio (on my HP Microserver) but I cannot use subtitles (which are embedded within the MKV container and not as separate files). Is this something that should work with Serviio?

Thanks

NO, currently only the external files are supported when transcoding.

Return to Transcoding