FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Xbox 360 and Online streams

<<

blokey

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Xbox 360 and Online streams

Hi there,
Been trying to get the SkySportsPlus plugin to work with the xbox360. I know the stream is working (through VLC and Sony TV) but it generally causes a timeout with an error code before the stream starts. If you keep trying to start it you may get lucky and it work correctly showing the transcoding seems to work, just wondering if there is anything we can do as my mate only has an xbox to stream. Has anybody had any joy getting this working or has anybody run those streams through a PS3.
<<

djones6969

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: Xbox 360 and Online streams

I have the same problem with the xbox and have a LG TV which does not like streaming anyone help with the xbox.
<<

blokey

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Bit more information, it gives a 53-C00DF238 error code on the XBOX, as I said you can usually get it going after a few trys
<<

djones6969

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 pm

This is log file
  Code:
2012-12-28 12:26:26,983 WARN  [FeedUpdaterThread] Failed to retrieve online item information for rtmp://199.115.114.221:1935/live playpath=ch10sajisis pageUrl=http://www.yycast.com/embed.php?fileid=ch10sajisis swfUrl=http://cdn.yycast.com/player/player.swf live=1. It might not play.
java.io.IOException: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.retrieveMetadata(FeedUpdaterThread.java:291)
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.retrieveTechnicalMetadata(FeedUpdaterThread.java:209)
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.run(FeedUpdaterThread.java:102)
Caused by: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.
   at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.validateMandatoryMetadata(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:409)
   at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.retrieveMetadata(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:89)
   at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.retrieveOnlineMetadata(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:127)
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.retrieveMetadata(FeedUpdaterThread.java:268)
   ... 2 more
2012-12-28 12:26:28,048 WARN  [NonClosingPipedInputStream] Failed to restart stream closing monitor. Possible process leaks might occur.
java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask@466555f rejected from java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor@5a6ed23a[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.delayedExecute(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.schedule(Unknown Source)
   at org.serviio.delivery.NonClosingPipedInputStream.resetReadTimeoutScheduler(NonClosingPipedInputStream.java:179)
   at org.serviio.delivery.NonClosingPipedInputStream.read(NonClosingPipedInputStream.java:127)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.http.entity.InputStreamEntity.writeTo(InputStreamEntity.java:92)
   at org.apache.http.impl.entity.EntitySerializer.serialize(EntitySerializer.java:127)
   at org.apache.http.impl.AbstractHttpServerConnection.sendResponseEntity(AbstractHttpServerConnection.java:273)
   at org.serviio.upnp.protocol.http.UniversalHttpServerConnection.sendResponseEntity(UniversalHttpServerConnection.java:74)
   at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.handleRequest(HttpService.java:234)
   at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.WebServer$WorkerThread.run(WebServer.java:192)
2012-12-28 12:26:28,049 WARN  [NonClosingPipedInputStream] Failed to restart stream closing monitor. Possible process leaks might occur.
java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask@265641cd rejected from java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor@5a6ed23a[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.delayedExecute(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.schedule(Unknown Source)
   at org.serviio.delivery.NonClosingPipedInputStream.resetReadTimeoutScheduler(NonClosingPipedInputStream.java:179)
   at org.serviio.delivery.NonClosingPipedInputStream.read(NonClosingPipedInputStream.java:120)
   at java.io.PipedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at org.serviio.delivery.NonClosingPipedInputStream.read(NonClosingPipedInputStream.java:128)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.http.entity.InputStreamEntity.writeTo(InputStreamEntity.java:92)
   at org.apache.http.impl.entity.EntitySerializer.serialize(EntitySerializer.java:127)
   at org.apache.http.impl.AbstractHttpServerConnection.sendResponseEntity(AbstractHttpServerConnection.java:273)
   at org.serviio.upnp.protocol.http.UniversalHttpServerConnection.sendResponseEntity(UniversalHttpServerConnection.java:74)
   at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.handleRequest(HttpService.java:234)
   at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.WebServer$WorkerThread.run(WebServer.java:192)
2012-12-28 12:26:28,954 WARN  [PipedOutputBytesReader] Error reading bytes stream from external process: Stream closed
<<

grolschie

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:33 pm

blokey wrote:Bit more information, it gives a 53-C00DF238 error code on the XBOX, as I said you can usually get it going after a few trys

I realise this thread is reasonably old now, but this is the same error code that I get with streaming online video to the Xbox. Just wondering, are you using WiFi or ethernet? What specs is your computer? Thanks.
Using Serviio on Debian "Wheezy" with Xbox 360, Sony BDP-S370 & Panasonic E6.
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:17 am

alot of online streams fail on the xbox, the only ones that I have gotten to work are hulu streams. The rest seem to always fail with the error mentioned above.
<<

grolschie

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:25 am

So there's at least 4 of us posting with this issue. Here is the thread I previously started on the topic.

Is it only online streams with the problem? I suspect that the Xbox does like the long pause before the stream is delivered. Are you using ethernet or WiFi?
Last edited by grolschie on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

portshner

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:31 am

I'm having a similar issue with HTTP Live Streams, sound exactly like what you describe in the original thread, it starts for a few seconds, then crashes and says that serviio disconnected.

I also made a thread, and so far have hit a dead end - it's driving me nuts :) I got the people running the place I stream from to post on their boards to see if someone in their community can figure it out, if they can I'll be sure to share!

This is a *huge* feature that I hope to utilize in an already amazing media server!
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:42 am

now that I think about it I have gotten the crackle streams to work before the plugin got broke. the sports ones, myiplayer, ilive, that new free movie one and a few others all fail.

My xbox is behind a Wireless N bridge, I doubt it's a network bandwidth or speed issue though. I can pull 1080p video off my local library without issue
<<

grolschie

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:20 am

slyguy42o wrote:...
My xbox is behind a Wireless N bridge, I doubt it's a network bandwidth or speed issue though. I can pull 1080p video off my local library without issue

Yep, I can stream local files to the Xbox. Is suspect that with online streaming nothing gets sent to the Xbox until the webserver sends the video stream and Serviio starts transcoding. And maybe with local files, Serviio starts sending data immediately? But I'm not really sure. Maybe Serviio would need to send a constant stream of data (even just black screen) to the Xbox while the Serviio/ffmpeg waits for the web server to respond?

Anyways, this thread is really a support-related thread, and maybe needs to be moved to the Support section of the forum I think.
<<

grolschie

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:16 pm

slyguy42o wrote:...

I ruled out WiFi by using ethernet today, same problem. The Xbox may need a constant stream of data?
<<

grolschie

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:07 pm

Trying to narrow this down.... Question: What specs is your computer and what OS is it running? Thanks.
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:54 pm

amd phenom 2 quad core with 4gb of ram windows 2008 R2. SATA 6gb/s hdd
<<

grolschie

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:22 am

Hi slyguy42o.

Thanks for that. Your PC should be plenty fast enough I imagine. Can you please try updating to Serviio 1.2 (if you haven't done so yet), as I believe some of the internet video issues may have been fixed. I find that things are a lot better with 1.2, although a few streams still fail for the Xbox (mostly HLS).
<<

Vintila

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 am

All,

Most of the online streams end up playing on my Xbox (regardless of using WIFI or wire). The only one I can not play is SOPCAST which is really a pity.

Anyway the Xbox 360 is a piece of s**t when dealing with media content, thanks God I have my Samsung TV...........

Return to Transcoding