FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

need help creating Panasonic TX-P50VT20E profile

<<

guru1968

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:15 am

need help creating Panasonic TX-P50VT20E profile

Hello folks,

I need some help creating a Panasonic profile for the above mentioned 50" plasma TV (Viera series, 3D, DLNA certified)

first of all, it's NOT listed in the Device Spy, so I am not able to tell what exactly is supported by the device, only that much:
within Device Sniffer there are some M-SEARCH requests recorded:
--------------------
M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1
HOST: 239.255.255.250:1900
MAN: "ssdp:discover"
MX: 1
ST: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1
X-PANASONIC-Registration: VklFUkEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
X-PANASONIC-DMP-Profile: MPEG_PS_PAL JPEG_SM PV_DIVX_DIV3 PV_DIVX_DIV4 PV_DIVX_DIVX PV_DIVX_DX50 PV_DRM_DIVX_DIV3 PV_DRM_DIVX_DIV4 PV_DRM_DIVX_DIVX PV_DRM_DIVX_DX50
--------------------

So, what next?
I think the first thing I need is filling the <Detection> tag, so serviio is able to auto-detect it - how do I do this?
-- I also was trying to get this TV working with TVersity - to no success; but I was able to get the id of this device: "db9db5cc-7105-453d-9366-d2e0c31ac0e0"
-> how can I tell serviio to match a profile entry against its device-id??
-> how can I see whether the detection actually works? (e.g. a specific entry in the log-file)
- or is this as easy as "<X-AV-Client-Info>.*PANASONIC.*</X-AV-Client-Info>"?
(but: I also have a Panasonic Blu-Ray player which may need its own profile... but I first want this working with just the TV)

please - I need all the help I can get; wasn't able to watch most videos on this TV; no (free) mediaserver supports this TV yet :-((
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:07 am

Re: need help creating Panasonic TX-P50VT20E profile

Welcome,
According to the user manual :
Photo: JPEG from 8x8 to 30719x17279 pixels (4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0)
Video: MPEG2 (TS and PS), AVCHD and Divx are not supported by the DLNA.
Audio: are not supported by DLNA

Could you try with the Generic profile on serviio console and test different video/audio/photo files with it?
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

guru1968

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:32 am

Hi

well, I keep the firmware of the TV up-to-date -- I don't have issues looking at pictures, playing MP3s or watching native DivX movies, maybe the manual is outdated...

anyways - when I manually select my newly created "Panasonic TV" profile it also is choosen, but when I keep "automatic" it's NOT :-(

2010-10-31 12:14:09,443 DEBUG [ResourceTransportRequestHandler] GET /resource/488/COVER_IMAGE HTTP/1.1, headers = [User-Agent: Panasonic MIL DLNA CP UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.00, Host: 192.168.1.16:8895, transferMode.dlna.org: Interactive, ]
2010-10-31 12:14:09,443 DEBUG [ResourceTransportRequestHandler] Resource request accepted. Using client 'IPAddress=/192.168.1.21, Profile=Generic DLNA profile'

so, obviously "<X-AV-Client-Info>.*PANASONIC.*</X-AV-Client-Info>" doesn't work - what must I enter here?
-- as I already mentioned: I do know the DLNA unique identifyer for my TV, is this UUID method already supported by serviio?

BTW: transcoding doesn't work either (when Panasonic Profile manually selected), ffmpeg.exe crashes (I posted the log in that according thread http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=963);
when I invoke ffmpeg.exe manually, it does NOT crash - just displays the help messages...
could you provide a sample transcoding invokation when ffmpeg is called by serviio? so I could do exactly that on the command-line to check for any error-messages
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:46 am

if you look at the detailed log, you'll see the ffmpeg command serviio is running when trying to play the file
<<

guru1968

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:02 pm

zip wrote:if you look at the detailed log, you'll see the ffmpeg command serviio is running when trying to play the file

no, there isn't - only that it failed executing ffmpeg (I have posted the detailed log at the mentioned link if you want to check for yourself)

<update>
I only see ffmpeg commandline invokations in the log-file when it's retrieving media information for files; and this works without problems
-- only transcoding fails
<<

zip

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:18 pm

it says:

Code:
2010-10-31 11:35:36,523 DEBUG [VideoDeliveryEngine] A suitable transcoding job already exists, re-use it for client 'IPAddress=/192.168.1.21, Profile=Panasonic TV'

It means you probably tried to play the file twice and this (second) time it's just using output from the (already failed) first file. You can try stopping Serviio, possiby manually cleaning the transcode folder and try again. You should see the FFmpeg command then.
<<

guru1968

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:12 pm

please, let us sort the transcoding problem in the other thread and concentrate here on the panasonic-profile as said in the thread title, is that ok?
(sorry for mixxing this accross the two threads...)

so, I now tried using:
<Detection>
<User-Agent>Panasonic.*</User-Agent>
</Detection>

but this also does not work, problem: the TV only sends the User-agent header for the cover image, not for the media-item as such; so serviio correctly sets the Panasonic profile for sending the cover-image reply, but again uses the default profile for serving the media :-((

Isn't there a easy way to bind a certain transcoding profile to an IP-address?

next question: why can't I transcode INTO divx? only mpeg/asf seems to be valid, but my tv supports divx which has better codecs than mpeg - so why not supporting transcode into avi (divx)?
<<

zip

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:20 pm

divx is itself a codec (based on mpeg4 part 2), avi is a container. Avi is not realtime-streaming friendly though (as it probably writes some data needed to play the file at the end of the file), only pmeg2ps/ts and asf containers are suitable.

Regarding automatic detection, this will be completely changed in 0.5 so probably don't spend too much time on it. You'll be able to give a profile to a device (based on it's unique id / IP address).
<<

guru1968

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:06 pm

zip wrote:divx is itself a codec (based on mpeg4 part 2), avi is a container. Avi is not realtime-streaming friendly though (as it probably writes some data needed to play the file at the end of the file), only pmeg2ps/ts and asf containers are suitable.

of course, I was forgetting it's basically STREAMING we are talking about, sorry... :-7

zip wrote:Regarding automatic detection, this will be completely changed in 0.5 so probably don't spend too much time on it. You'll be able to give a profile to a device (based on it's unique id / IP address).

that's good to hear - I am currently happy with manually setting the profile to my Panansonic TV as that's the only video renderer available... ;-)

BTW: I was able to get some basic transcoding working - my error was to only change the container :-/
I need to also change the video codec as the Panasonic only supports very few natively..
so - following dumb profile will always transcode basically anything into MPeg2 and gives quite a good starting point:
  Code:
   <Profile id="11" name="Panasonic TV" extendsProfileId="1">
      <!-- Detection>
         <User-Agent>Panasonic.*</User-Agent>
      </Detection -->
      <MediaFormatProfiles>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg">MPEG_PS_PAL</MediaFormatProfile>
      </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <Transcoding>         
         <Video targetContainer="mpeg" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="mpeg" />
            <Matches container="mpegts" />
            <Matches container="asf" />
            <Matches container="mp4" />
            <Matches container="matroska" />
         </Video>
      </Transcoding>
   </Profile>
now I only need to figure out which ones I do not need to transcode because of being natively supported and get rid of the stuttering
- but this may be due to enourmous logging (still being at DEBUG level)
<<

zip

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:14 pm

This is not necessary as it's already included in the generic profile which your profile inherits from:

Code:
<MediaFormatProfiles>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg">MPEG_PS_PAL</MediaFormatProfile>
</MediaFormatProfiles>
<<

guru1968

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:07 pm

no, that doesn't work - there is no MPEG_PS_PAL in the parent profile
-- I need to explicitly set the transcoding section as I described two posts above, otherwise transcoding doesn't work!

(logfile says in the case without explicit transcoding section: "WARN [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot resolve DLNA format profile of the original file: xxxxx.m2ts"
-- isn't that because transcoding only works with a specific profile, not the default profile? so what you described CAN NOT work...)
<<

guru1968

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:19 pm

stuttering still is there although I switched-back from DEBUG to INFO logging... hmm, maybe I need to limit the video-bitrate bandwidth (I'm gonna test this later, only very few films are affected)

next thing - in my first post I mentioned the M-SEARCH content of my TV, specificly this one:
X-PANASONIC-DMP-Profile: MPEG_PS_PAL JPEG_SM PV_DIVX_DIV3 PV_DIVX_DIV4 PV_DIVX_DIVX PV_DIVX_DX50 PV_DRM_DIVX_DIV3 PV_DRM_DIVX_DIV4 PV_DRM_DIVX_DIVX PV_DRM_DIVX_DX50

that MPEG_PS_PAL I got sorted out by now; what do I have to do with the other PV_DIVX_... / PV_DRM_DIVX_... entries?
whenever I mention those in form of e.g. "<MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/divx">PV_DIVX_DIV3</MediaFormatProfile>" serviio complains about an error, what's the correct syntax/semantics here??
<<

guru1968

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:22 pm

zip wrote:divx is itself a codec (based on mpeg4 part 2), avi is a container. Avi is not realtime-streaming friendly though (as it probably writes some data needed to play the file at the end of the file), only pmeg2ps/ts and asf containers are suitable.

additional remark about avi-streaming: maybe this is the case for plain(/non-divx) AVIs, but divx 'streams' are natively supported by my TV without need for transcoding - so maybe you include divx-streaming then (not avi-streaming) in some future release of serviio... ;-)
<<

zip

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:24 pm

guru1968 wrote:no, that doesn't work - there is no MPEG_PS_PAL in the parent profile
-- I need to explicitly set the transcoding section as I described two posts above, otherwise transcoding doesn't work!

It is there (in Generic profile), you don't have to set it in your profile. The transcoding section is ok.

(logfile says in the case without explicit transcoding section: "WARN [VideoDeliveryEngine] Cannot resolve DLNA format profile of the original file: xxxxx.m2ts"
-- isn't that because transcoding only works with a specific profile, not the default profile? so what you described CAN NOT work...)

This means the m2ts file includes content that is not DLNA compliant (and should be transcoded). Post ffmpeg -i for that file.
<<

zip

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:28 pm

guru1968 wrote:next thing - in my first post I mentioned the M-SEARCH content of my TV, specificly this one:

that MPEG_PS_PAL I got sorted out by now; what do I have to do with the other PV_DIVX_... / PV_DRM_DIVX_... entries?
whenever I mention those in form of e.g. "<MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/divx">PV_DIVX_DIV3</MediaFormatProfile>" serviio complains about an error, what's the correct syntax/semantics here??

No need to do anything, it only means that the player can play this content. Most of them (like PV_DIVX_DIV4 and similar) are not even in the DLNA spec, so are probably Toshiba's extensions. Serviio only supports media format profiles listed in the generic profile.
<<

zip

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm

guru1968 wrote:additional remark about avi-streaming: maybe this is the case for plain(/non-divx) AVIs, but divx 'streams' are natively supported by my TV without need for transcoding - so maybe you include divx-streaming then (not avi-streaming) in some future release of serviio... ;-)

If they are so you don't have to set up transcoding for those AVIs or MPEG4s (with divx/mpeg4 video codec). Serviio plays DivX, no problem.
<<

guru1968

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:07 pm

zip wrote:It is there (in Generic profile), you don't have to set it in your profile. The transcoding section is ok.

well - I mis-interpreted your initial comment, thought I could leave out the transcoding section, not the MPEG_PS_PAL entry as you ment it; got it by now, thanx ;-)

zip wrote:Serviio plays DivX, no problem.
if it plays divx, it should not be a big problem to transcode into divx, or not?
-- what I mean is the following: at least it seems that divx is a streamable media format, otherwise it would not be explicitly mentioned in the M-SEARCH request, would it?
so it must be possible to transcode into divx!?

and if divx is only the codec, how about a mpeg-ps container with a divx-codec included? what would be the exact syntax of such a transcoder configuration? (not possible by now, is it?)
<<

zip

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:30 pm

you cannot transcode into avi, because you don't want to wait for the whole file to be transcoded before you can start watching. Because FFmpeg writes some data at the end of the file, you cannot start watching (via real-time transcode) until it finishes the job.

transcode into mpeg4 might be possible, but I think I tried it and it didn't work, that's why only mpeg2 and wmv are supported target codecs

Return to Transcoding