FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Some files not showing up on TV

<<

Arty

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Some files not showing up on TV

Hello,

I've downloaded few 4k & HDR sample videos but some of them not showing up on TV's media browser. Few pointers:

* Content shows up fine in Serviio's web media browser.
* Movies added after them also shows up on TV, so I don't think that's DB issue.
* Same files plays fine on the same TV media browser when copied to a USB memory stick.
* When checking with VLC I've noticed problematic files does not have resolution & frame rate information unless played.
* All files using the same video (h.265/hevc) codec, containers also similar and all supported.
* I have 4 files and one of them showing up fine, listed as follows:

Life_of_ Pi_draft_Ultra-HD_HDR.mp4 => works fine
LG_4K_View-the-Feeling.mp4 => not showing up
LG Demo DolbyVision Trailer.mkv => not showing up
LG Demo DolbyVision Comparison.mkv => not showing up

All files download from the following source location:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

Direct links:
http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=101
http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=45
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwxFV ... ldZaGtaVm8
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwxFV ... Gl4eVRWS2M

So, in short files are compatible with the TV and plays fine. Serviio also has it in it's database but not sending the information to the tv (or tv is not reading it).

Any thoughts?

Thank you!
Last edited by Arty on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Arty

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: Some files not showing up on TV

Showing up ok
showing.jpeg
showing.jpeg (77.26 KiB) Viewed 16218 times
<<

Arty

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:40 pm

Not showing mp4
not_showing.jpeg
not_showing.jpeg (61.82 KiB) Viewed 16218 times
<<

Arty

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Not showing mkv's, both the same
not_showing_mkv.jpeg
not_showing_mkv.jpeg (59.44 KiB) Viewed 16218 times
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:03 am

So, in short files are compatible with the TV and plays fine. Serviio also has it in it's database but not sending the information to the tv (or tv is not reading it).
The latter - the TV is not reading it. What profile have you (or has automatically been) assigned to the TV?

You also need to check your TV's manual to see if it supports:

• HEVC (H265) in an MPEG-TS container (MediaInfo is suggesting both files 2 and 3 are MPEG-TS files rather than the MP$ or MKV as suggested by their file names - not sure what is going on there);
  • E-AC3 audio tracks (file 3)
If not supported by your TV these files will need to be transcoded and that's where your profile comes in - it needs to tell Serviio what to transcode for your TV.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

Arty

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:14 pm

DenyAll wrote:The latter - the TV is not reading it. What profile have you (or has automatically been) assigned to the TV?

You also need to check your TV's manual to see if it supports:

• HEVC (H265) in an MPEG-TS container (MediaInfo is suggesting both files 2 and 3 are MPEG-TS files rather than the MP$ or MKV as suggested by their file names - not sure what is going on there);
  • E-AC3 audio tracks (file 3)
If not supported by your TV these files will need to be transcoded and that's where your profile comes in - it needs to tell Serviio what to transcode for your TV.

Thank you, I'm using LG TV profile.

As I noted above, if I copy the files to a USB stick media browser on the TV sees & plays them just fine with audio.

But I agree files are somewhat wonky.

On a side note, Playstation's media player "sees" those files (so it's not a DB issue for sure) but cannot play them. :)
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:28 am

For some TV's unfortunately the decoding systems available from USB and from DLNA are different; so it's not always valid that if something works via USB it will work by DLNA.

HEVC inside a MPEG-TS container (as reported by MediaInfo) is unusual. Up to you if you want to modify your LG Serviio profile to transcode these files (I suspect we may have to set up a mime type). Me, I wouldn't - the file is unusual (most HEVC videos come as MKV's or MP4's).

For the amount of times you come across these files I would mux them into a MKV container to make them more "standard". You can do that easily using ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i "oldfilename.ext" -c copy -map 0 "newfilename.mkv"

Do this for the two samples and see if the new file now plays (I am concerned that the one with E-AC-3 may not play if your TV doesn't support that audio type). Muxing is non-destructive (ie. no loss in quality) and is quick to do.

Neither the Playstation 3 or 4 support HEVC natively (I suspect you have the PS4). Make sure you have manually assigned the PS4 profile to your PS4 device (Serviio cannot do it automatically as the PS4 doesn't advertise itself uniquely) in the Status tab of Serviio console, making sure you press Save. The files will be then transcoded by Serviio.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to LG