FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio only shows half the recording length

<<

Mikem

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:41 am

Serviio only shows half the recording length

HiAll, My brilliant Serviio is only showing half the reallength of a recording. I have been recording TV for years, but lately for example the news is one hour long. When it is in serviioit shows the length is only 30 minutes. Never had this problem before. Any clues ?
Ta,
Mike
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:49 am

Re: Serviio only shows half the recording length

Try doing a Forced Refresh - Serviio Console, Shared Folders - and (after waiting an hour or so depending on the size of your library) see if that fixes it.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

Mikem

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:10 am

My bad i ticked "Search for updates of currently shared files"and that seems to have fixed it. Love your product and thanks Denyall for your input. Idid try making serviio point to a network location but only does local drives, oh well.All good now
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:19 am

Good to see you've fixed it.

Serviio does work with network drives on your local network. To add the remote folder as a share, just enter the remote path as a UNC path (e.g. \\server\folder) into the Folder textbox (after pressing the Add button on the Shared Folders tab of Serviio Console. No need to press the Browse button). Note that mapped drive letters will probably not work - you should use the full UNC path.

If after adding the share you dont see any of your media files (after giving it some time to populate) you will also need to play around with permissions on the Serviio service - see http://www.serviio.org/component/conten ... e?id=21#q5.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

hortur

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Haha I've made the same mistake.
Thanks for the clarification. It was really easy to fix.
Per aspera, ad astra, ad infinitum.
:D :ugeek: 8-)

Return to General discussion