FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio forgetting that my Xbox One is allowed

<<

YetiMurphy

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:05 am

Serviio forgetting that my Xbox One is allowed

I don't want all new devices to be allowed to access Serviio. My problem is that every time I start up my Xbox One again, I have to open Serviio console and re-allow it. Is there anyway for Serviio to remember that my Xbox or its' gateway is allowed, even after my Xbox has been off for some time?

Edit: Perhaps it's not the device turning on and off that makes Serviio forget, but every day I have to re-allow my Xbox for some reason. Any idea what the reason is and how can I fix this?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Re: Serviio forgetting that my Xbox One is allowed

If your XBox doesn't get the same IP address every time it powers up, that would cause the problem. I suggest either assigning a static IP address, or configure your router to always assign the same IP address. This is done with a DHCP reservation.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

YetiMurphy

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:45 pm

My Xbox's IP is reserved in my router settings and I can see the same IP for my Xbox within Serviio every time as well. Can anything else cause this?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:22 am

YetiMurphy wrote:My Xbox's IP is reserved in my router settings and I can see the same IP for my Xbox within Serviio every time as well. Can anything else cause this?

That was all I can think of. Have to let Zip weigh in on this one. Maybe DenyAll has an idea.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:43 am

I know I have been caught in the past not pressing Save. After you enable it you need to press Save (at the bottom of the Status screen) otherwise its not committed.

Other than that, I'm stumped - should work.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

ami289

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:45 pm

I can confirm that I have the exact same issue.

Running Serviio 1.8 on a Windows 7 x64 machine.

I have only one DLNA client on my network, with a static IP address, so I didn't see a reason to have 'Enable access for new devices' set.
But even though I set my device to 'Allowed' (and then press save, of curse), Serviio seems to 'forget' that setting, and I have to re-set this device to 'Allowed' frequently.
I haven't gave it much attention so I can't tell you when this occurs (computer restart, DLNA client restart, etc.).

I eventually stopped using this feature, and just have 'Enable access for new devices' set.

Personally, it doesn't bother me,
But just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one experiencing this issue.
And at the time, I couldn't find a solution.

Even though I have stopped using this feature, I am curious to what causing it.
So if you do find a solution, I'll be glad if you could also post it here.

Good luck mate, and sorry I couldn't be much of an help.

By the way-
I don't know if it matters,
But not only my DLNA client have a static IP address,
Serviio also successfully recognizes the device name.
So it had always 'forgotten' an allowed device with known and fixed IP address and device name.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:53 am

I'm still stumped, but let's start troubleshooting by ensuring the setting is actually being saved in the database. Do all of this with "Enable access for new devices" turned off.

1. Enable Access for the device in Serviio Console and press Save.
  2. In your browser type http://localhost:23423/rest/status in the address bar
  3. On the screen of data that appears find your device's IP and examine the <renderer> information - you should see something like:
      Code:
    <renderer>
       <uuid>4d454930-0100-1000-8001-a813741a07d9</uuid>
       <ipAddress>192.168.0.94</ipAddress>
       <name>Panasonic VIErA</name>
       <profileId>viera2015</profileId>
       <status>ACTIVE</status>
       <enabled>true</enabled>
       <accessGroupId>1</accessGroupId>
    </renderer>
The bit of interest is "<enabled>true</enabled>". That says the device is enabled.

Turn the device off and restart your PC. Do steps 2 and 3 again and see if anything is different (enabled, IP Address, uUID in particular. Don't worry if <status> is different).

Now turn the device on and see if it finds Serviio. If not do steps 2 and 3 again and once again note any difference. Also check the whole screen of data and ensure that the device doesn't appear twice or anything like that.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:28 pm

Also, are you not using any other console / mobile app, that could be posting old data to Serviio, and basically resetting that enabled setting?

Alternatively, could you enable detailed logging and restart the service, and post it here?
<<

ami289

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Well, I see that 'YetiMurphy' had 'disappeared'...

If you guys took the time and interest to respond here and try to help,
I think it is only fair to respond, and cooperate, to help solving this issue.

I will re-set Serviio to not automatically allow access to new devices,
Will try to figure out what and when occurs,
And will post back.

Thanks again guys.
<<

ami289

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:05 pm

Hey guys,

A liitle update-

-Restarting my PC does not seem to make Serviio 'forget' that the device is allowed.
-Restarting the DLNA client also does not make Serviio 'forget' that the device is allowed.

However, it does seem that after a 'long' idle time between the client and server, makes Serviio 'forget' that the device is allowed.
I haven't done much thorough testing, but so far it seems that over-night, or when I get back from work, after setting it in the morning,
The device is still listed under the 'Connected Device' list, but it is no longer have a check mark next to where it says 'Device Allowed'.

Is it possible that this 'allowance' is only for a specific amount of time?
Since, at this point, I don't have a specific time or a reason it occurs, does providing a log will be helpful?

Cheers.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 pm

there is no time limitation to it. strange.

Return to Serviio Support & Help