Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:48 am

Re: Scan media

<<

mklim

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:07 pm

zip wrote:Did you try the forced poller? http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=lib ... er_scanner

Yes I did. This is how my ServiioService.exe.vmoptions looks:

-Xmx512m
-Dserviio.libraryPollerFrequency=15
-Dserviio.forceLibraryPoller=true
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:45 pm

Does the Serviio service user have access to the NAS?
<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:21 pm

Since version 1.8 i have this same issue that new media doesn't renew.

My file looks like this:

-Xmx512m
-Dserviio.libraryPollerFrequency=15
-Dserviio.forceLibraryPoller=true
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:57 pm

In version 1.8 you set the use of the Poller in Serviio Console, against each share you want to poll, rather than using the
-Dserviio.forceLibraryPoller=true switch (which did all shares - you had no way of only doing selected shares).

So, removed the forceLibraryPoller switch, and then select the Use Poller option for each share in Serviio Console and you should be fine.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

Martijn085

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Nice! Thanks, works great again.
<<

Paddynski

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:26 am

Hi

I have Serviio 2.0 running on Windows 10 and I have the same problem where any new files I add to my shared folders are not detected. I go to the logs to find-out what is going on but I am confused by the following.

Each time I manually rescan my library, I get the following in the log implying that the scam is being interrupted. Any ideas what could be the reason for that?

Code:
2020-01-21 09:16:50,736 INFO  [LocalLibraryManager] Starting manual library scan
2020-01-21 09:16:50,737 INFO  [LibraryOneTimeScanner] Interrupting library scan

Can I force a rescan on a regular basis?

Regards

Patrick
<<

Paddynski

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi

DenyAll wrote:In version 1.8 you set the use of the Poller in Serviio Console, against each share you want to poll, rather than using the
-Dserviio.forceLibraryPoller=true switch (which did all shares - you had no way of only doing selected shares).

So, removed the forceLibraryPoller switch, and then select the Use Poller option for each share in Serviio Console and you should be fine.

I double and triple checked and I can confirm that the poller switch is on for all my shares. Still my new files are not appearing in Serviio. Any ideas?

I checked the shared folder outside Serviio and new files are definitively there!

Regards

Patrick
<<

mrkrbsn

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:47 pm

I'm having a similar problem with the library not updating.

I see in the log that the new file that is added is detected and added to the delta queue. However after that the file is not indexed.
If I force refresh not a lot happens.

If I stop the server AND stop the windows Serviio service, then restart both again files begin to appear. But soon stops again.

Looking further it seems like the point it goes wrong is when the 'LibraryHelper' kicks in and tries to lock a file. e.g. see example below.
Once this happens it somewhat falls through all other folders and doesn't try to check or add files.
My guess is an error occurs during this file check, which then stuffs up the file adding.
Note: This seems to be something that started happening only recently.

I looked at the particular file it stopped at and interestingly the check box on the advanced attributes of the file had the 'Encrypt contents to escure data' flag set. I removed this and that file added to the library.

My guess is that this flag is preventing Serviio from reading the file, then serviio stops looking anymore. Hope this helps.

This may help identify what is going wrong here.

DEBUG [MediaItemDAOImpl] Looking up a media item for file path: H:\Family Files\Pictures\2014\January\Trip\IMG_2743.JPG, ignore case: true
DEBUG [MediaItemDAOImpl] Media item H:\Family Files\Pictures\2014\January\Trip\IMG_2743.JPG doesn't exist in DB yet
DEBUG [MediaFileIndexer] File not in Library, will add it
DEBUG [LibraryHelper] Checking if the file is complete using file lock
DEBUG [LibraryOneTimeScanner] Looking for files to share in folder: H:\Family Files\Pictures\2015\June
DEBUG [LibraryOneTimeScanner] Looking for files to share in folder: H:\Family Files\Pictures\2015\June
<<

mrkrbsn

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:55 pm

Just an update. After searching for any files that had the encrypted status set (search using encryptionstatus:encrypted) this has unblocked the library indexing. I'm now watching lots of files appear in the library. :)

I never set this flag - so wondering if this was serviio(?) or perhaps something else that has just been a lurking setting. i.e. when I added those files to the library this messed up the indexer.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:17 pm

mrkrbsn wrote:Just an update. After searching for any files that had the encrypted status set (search using encryptionstatus:encrypted) this has unblocked the library indexing. I'm now watching lots of files appear in the library. :)

I never set this flag - so wondering if this was Serviio(?) or perhaps something else that has just been a lurking setting. i.e. when I added those files to the library this messed up the indexer.

Doubt it's Serviio doing it. All the years and different versions I've installed I've never encountered an encrypted file. I didn't even know Windows supported file encryption like that. Never saw that search command before. Glad you figured it out.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
Previous

Return to Serviio Support & Help