FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

30 Min Disconnect Issue - Serviio v1.8 - Help please!!

<<

Thundercat

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:34 pm

30 Min Disconnect Issue - Serviio v1.8 - Help please!!

Hi All,

I've been using Serviio for a number of years with out any issues! Great product!!

But lately I have had the dreaded disconnect issue that has pop up. I have read the majority of all the comments in the previous threads on this website and others - to no affect.

I can' t be the only one having this 30 minute disconnect issue, I upgraded to v1.8 and is still happening.

I have a Samsung D8000 TV, which is connected via powerline to my router which is running at 100mb.

When the issue happens, I have to go into the TV settings, then connect via Wifi, for the Serviio source to come back up on the TV and then resume from where we left off. Likewise if it happens on the Wifi - I have to go into the TV settings and connected via wired, for the Serviio source to come back up. The other option is to reset the Serviio server and removal the Samsung TV instance in sources and allow Serviio to pick it up again.

I have noticed that the IP addresses of the Samsung TV on the Serviio console and the IP address on the network setting on the TV weren't the same?? only after resetting the Serviio server do the IP addresses align and we are able to get it working again. The Samsung C/D Series profile has been selected.

I would be very grateful if some one can offer some advice on how to resolve this issue... this is driving us nuts...

Thanks again in advance!
Last edited by Thundercat on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:06 am

Re: 30 Min Disconnect Issue - Serviio v1.8 - Help please!!

I have noticed that the IP addresses of the Samsung TV on the Serviio console and the IP address on the network setting on the TV weren't the same?? only after resetting the Serviio server do the IP addresses align and we are able to get it working again. The Samsung C/D Series profile has been selected.
Try assigning static (or reserved) IP addresses for both your TV and the server Serviio is on. This is good practice anyway so even if it doesn't fix the issue it's a good place to start.

The easiest way is to do this in your router - usually in LAN Settings, Address Reservation or something similar (it depends on your router model).
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

Thundercat

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Thanks for getting back to me. I will take a look this evening and come back with any further updates.
<<

Thundercat

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi, I am afraid it didn't resolve the issue.. 15 minutes into the movie, the message pops up to say that is disconnected.

I have gone into my router configuration and reserved the IP addresses, yet it still disconnects.. even quicker this time around.

I end up having to connect via Wifi to pick up the Serviio source.. this is not fun and getting rather annoying why this has happened after so many years of robust application.

Do I need to go back 1.6.1 ? to see if the problem exist there? or try some thing altogether different...
<<

ami289

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:47 am

Hi Thundercat,

As you write 'I upgraded to v1.8 and is still happening' I assume that the issue wasn't started after changing Serviio version, but started to happen in a version that worked fine for a while.

Since it started to happen in a version that worked properly for a while, and, as you've said, so far there are no other complaints about similar issue on version 1.8,
I'm inclined to think in the direction of router problem, and not Serviio problem.
I suspect that there is some sort of 'interference' in the network communication, between your PC and TV, that causes this disconnect and false IP.

If you can, please do the following and report your results, just so it will help narrow if it is a router issue.
-Connect your TV to your router using the WiFi, and not the wired connection.
-Check in your router settings that you have your TV listed under connected devices.
-Try to ping the TV's IP address (Start->Run->Command Prompt-> type: 'ping TV-IP-ADDRESS'. and check that your computer pings it correctly.
Then, when the issue occurs-
-Go again to your router settings and check again if your TV is listed, with its correct IP address.
-Check to see if the 'wrong' IP address, that is shown in Serviio, is listed anywhere in the connected devices list.
-Try to ping both the correct IP of the tv, and the wrong IP that Serviio shows, and see what happens.

The reason I've asked you to connect using WiFi is, as far as I know, routers does not show a list of connected wired devices.
But I could be wrong.
If your router does show a list of connected wired devices, feel free to do the above test using a wired connection instead of WiFi.

Good luck mate.
<<

Thundercat

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:52 am

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply, it been a busy few weeks.

I did as you describe but it made no difference at all.

I did uninstall Serviio v1.8 and reinstall v1.6 and see if it made a difference.

I even uninstalled Java, cleared the register and reinstalled with the latest version.. before installing v1.6.

Still no resolution...serious pain in the back side that it cuts out every 30 minutes.... apart from the use Windows and Java Updates, nothing has changed to upset the Serviio installation.

Let me get a log file and upload it, so some one can take a view of what is actually happening.

Again - I can't be the only one having this issue with connectivity.... :?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:02 pm

Did you try some solutions from this stickied topic? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10289
<<

ami289

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:39 pm

Thundercat wrote:Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply, it been a busy few weeks.

I did as you describe but it made no difference at all.

I did uninstall Serviio v1.8 and reinstall v1.6 and see if it made a difference.

I even uninstalled Java, cleared the register and reinstalled with the latest version.. before installing v1.6.

Still no resolution...serious pain in the back side that it cuts out every 30 minutes.... apart from the use Windows and Java Updates, nothing has changed to upset the Serviio installation.

Let me get a log file and upload it, so some one can take a view of what is actually happening.

Again - I can't be the only one having this issue with connectivity.... :?

Sorry for not being clear about that-
The steps I've suggested will not make any difference,
They are merely a way for debugging the issue, to try to narrow down what the cause is.

If Zip's suggestion/link does not resolve your issue,
If possible, please do the steps I've suggested, and post the results.

Cheers

Return to Serviio Support & Help