FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

serviio and windows 10

<<

MicrosoftProgrammer

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:56 pm

Re: serviio and windows 10

atc98092 wrote:
It doesn't seem to be a permissions problem because I also run my Microsoft Office Outlook off that WDMyCloud drive and under Windows 8 it worked fine and under Windows 10 it works too ...

But you are running Outlook logged in as you, not a system service. Serviio runs as a local computer service, and its permissions for network access are not the same as your user account. In fact the local system user has very few network permissions unless you specifically grant them. That's why I suggest changing the user account the Serviio uses to run its service. Change it to the same user account you use to log into the computer (don't forget the password, if any), and then see if Serviio sees the content on the NAS. My guess is it will. :)

Not you all fumble in the Dark. This problem should be adressed to Serviio / Serviio service remember this is a3 part program NOT designed my Microsoft.
You talk about media sharing 5 different dnla protocols of course this will create problems running so many in one time.
The solutions posted here are not solutions to the problem Serviio has when they tried create it For Windows 10 yes it has flaws already confirmed by the Serviio developer team.

I for one am very disappointed seeing people making second guesses rather than posting a solution you earth describe your own personal problems and solutions to it.
This has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows 10 so please hold your horses keep digging thanks
<<

trueblu8

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:56 am

I gave up trying to fix serviio and installed plex. Works great.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:11 pm

MicrosoftProgrammer wrote:
atc98092 wrote:
It doesn't seem to be a permissions problem because I also run my Microsoft Office Outlook off that WDMyCloud drive and under Windows 8 it worked fine and under Windows 10 it works too ...

But you are running Outlook logged in as you, not a system service. Serviio runs as a local computer service, and its permissions for network access are not the same as your user account. In fact the local system user has very few network permissions unless you specifically grant them. That's why I suggest changing the user account the Serviio uses to run its service. Change it to the same user account you use to log into the computer (don't forget the password, if any), and then see if Serviio sees the content on the NAS. My guess is it will. :)

Not you all fumble in the Dark. This problem should be adressed to Serviio / Serviio service remember this is a3 part program NOT designed my Microsoft.
You talk about media sharing 5 different dnla protocols of course this will create problems running so many in one time.
The solutions posted here are not solutions to the problem Serviio has when they tried create it For Windows 10 yes it has flaws already confirmed by the Serviio developer team.

I for one am very disappointed seeing people making second guesses rather than posting a solution you earth describe your own personal problems and solutions to it.
This has nothing to do with Microsoft Windows 10 so please hold your horses keep digging thanks

I have no idea what you are trying to say. If English isn't your native language, please understand I'm not picking on you. But when users have issues trying to access Serviio we often look at the account that Serviio is attempting to run under. But yes, it's a Windows issue as it is most likely something to do with permissions. And for non-computer savvy users Windows can be difficult to configure. If you truly are a Microsoft Programmer, then you'd know this. In general, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. There is no development "team" for Serviio. One person does it all.
Last edited by atc98092 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:14 pm

trueblu8 wrote:I gave up trying to fix serviio and installed plex. Works great.

Plex does not run as a service, so it is running under the same user account you use to log into the computer. If you log off, Plex stops running, even if the computer is still on. Sorry we couldn't get your Serviio running, but there's no issues with Serviio on Windows 10 in general. There's just a setting somewhere that was being overlooked. But if Plex provides what you need, then have a terrific day. Use what works for you and makes you happy. :D
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
Previous

Return to Serviio Support & Help