FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dlna search?

<<

aanno

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:10 pm

dlna search?

Hello,

I'm using serviio with an Onkyo TX-NR609 Surround System. It works like a charm. However, the Onkyo device seems to have support for a DLNA 1.5 feature called 'search' that is unknown to serviio. :|

When trying to search, the Onkyo just says: 'The server does not support this feature.

Kind regards,

aanno
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: dlna search?

that is true
<<

aanno

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:00 am

While a search would be nice, it is perhaps easier to extend the index to all kind of browsing.

For example, when I browse by music song title, there are 'index' folders ('A', 'B', 'C', ...). This is handy because with the IRC of the device, scrolling a large list of titles without the 'index' folders would a pain.

However, when I browse by music interpret, there are no 'index' folders. It would be very handy the get them here as well. This is because my music collection is large and there are around 1000 interprets in it.

Is this a problem serviio could solve? Or are the 'index' folder just a device/client specific feature?

Kind regards,

aanno
<<

zip

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:43 am

it could be done
<<

JeppeTh

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 10, 2013 10:38 pm

No update on this one? I would appreciate in case Serviio was searchable.
<<

zip

Post Fri May 10, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm currently working on search for MediaBrowser, but I'm not sure if I'll ever do the DLNA search bit, there seems to be a lack of devices supporting this.
<<

sebile

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 21, 2013 1:24 pm

I think the search feature would be helpful, i use BubbleUpnP and I know it supports the dlna search.

I previously used minidlna on freenas, which supported the search feature, but I switched to serviio because of the better support for scanning folders for added or changed files.

I do like it, although one feature I'm missing is the option to display all items in the music view (all artists, all albums, all songs...) besides the indexed view.
<<

rjsuryan

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Denon HEOS client uses DLNA search (also in the newest Control4 driver for HEOS integration) works with Twonky and Access UPNP servers, but it's a shame that there is no support for it in Serviio :cry:
<<

Odysee

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:26 am

Hi,

because of QNAP dropping support of Twonky, I'm searching for an alternative DLNA Server. Currently I'm trying out Serviio. It works - so far - fine. I'm planning to buy HEOS multiroom Audio. But if Serviio does not support searching, I will have to give another Server a try...
<<

421ImLate

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:45 pm

I currently have 0ver 250,000 songs and 27,000 video files loaded on Serviio. Scrolling thru 101 pages of files in a folder can be quite time consuming. A search function would be a nice feature. I currently look for the file I want to watch/hear with a program called Everything on my computer. I find the file and then go to the folder on Serviio where it is stored and have to scroll thru all the files in that folder to get to the one I want. A search function that would let me go directly to that file would be a nice addition. Love your program and keep up the good work.

Thank You, 421ImLate
<<

josch.hh

Serviio lover

Post Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:08 pm

+1 for the search function.
found out during a party that without search it is a nightmare to find the right song quickly.

PLEASE implement it
<<

ant

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi all -

Joined only recently ... Streaming from PC to a Panasonic 32DS600 TV set.

Also second the request for a search feature.

As an intermediate step, would it be possible to have two different kinds of scrolling behaviour (in folder view), like this:
1 - [Up] or [Down] button short press: advance by one list item
2 - ~~~ longer press: advance by page (10+ items at once)
..?

Best regards
-M
<<

ant

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi all -

On second thought, my 1st post should have read like this (my apologies):

Spending quite some time (hours) trying to connect my TV to my PC I succeeded once, only to look at rows of similar looking squares (representing video files) making it a severe pain to select the one I was after.

With Serviio Server I had a working connection up and running in about 15 mins (including going through the Console Setup & Preferences) with a nice list view of the folders in question.

Glad I found this software.

-M

Return to Feature requests