FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray Player

<<

Davidpriddy

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray Player

Hey guys,

I'm really trying here but this will probably be the last time lol. Anyone here have this player and able to get thumbnails to show for video files that you are streaming from media server software from your PC? I realize this is an old player, I think I bought two of these for my house back in 2010 (if not a year earlier) but I honestly can't remember anymore. Streaming works fine (I have the best luck with Homestream), any other media server software program that I use won't play most of my files...I have no idea why so that's just what I've stuck with. I just wish I could get the video thumbnails to show, strange as it will show picture thumbnails when viewing the pictures but won't show video thumbnails.

So I was just hoping maybe someone has this player and uses media streaming software where they are able to get the thumbnails to show, instead of the generic video icon next to each video title. If not, I guess it's time to upgrade my player...funny thing is I tried doing that a few years back (with another Sony Blu-ray player), used the same software (Homestream) and the player would not play ANYTHING! It seems that each model of player (no matter who it's made by) works totally different than another player, nothing ever seems consistent! Needless to say, I had to return that player because it would not play anything and I mean ANYTHING!

Thanks!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray Player

If I remember well, and it's many years now, some Sony players didn't show the thumbnails.

Return to Sony