FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio not seen until streaming server restarted

<<

jacquesfrancis

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Serviio not seen until streaming server restarted

Serviio 1.9. Serviio is undetected on a Windows 10 computer, an iPad, and a Sony Bravia TV until I stop and start the streaming server using the Serviio console. Immediately it's restarted, Serviio becomes visible on all the devices, and can then be used. Has anybody else encountered this problem, and is there a solution?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Sergio not seen until streaming server restarted

I can't say what's happening, but did want to clarify that the stop/start button on the console does not affect the Serviio service. It only controls the DLNA server function.

Does this happen after the computer goes to sleep and wakes back up? One other possibility is that Windows (I'm assuming Serviio is on a Windows PC) by default has the network card enabled to be powered down by the power control system. I always go into the Device Manager and turn that setting off on my network card, so the network is always active.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

jacquesfrancis

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:30 pm

Thanks for your reply. The Windows 10'computer Serviio runs is configured to never sleep. I'll check your suggestion for NIC power tomorrow and update this thread.
<<

jacquesfrancis

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:14 pm

The NIC'S power setting had been set to turn off, so I set it not to do so, again. This follows a Windows update which also stamped on my USB power settings and caused problems with a USB device which became unreliable. In any case, the Serviio problem hasn't been resolved and Serviio remains invisible until the streaming service is bounced.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:56 am

Re: Serviio not seen until streaming server restarted

Not sure if it'll help, but try this: http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=net_reboot
<<

jacquesfrancis

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:53 am

Re: Serviio not seen until streaming server restarted

zip wrote:Not sure if it'll help, but try this: http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=net_reboot

Hello - thanks for your reply. The Serviio service was already configured for a delayed start because I'd read the article, which also contains a link to setting up a dependency, which I hadn't done. So, I've now set the Serviio service to be dependent on "TCP/IP Protocol Driver" starting, but while I was doing that, I found there was an existing dependency on the "HTTP Service", which I have no idea where it came from! Is it useful, and should that be there?

Return to User experiences