FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

video file that doesn't play

<<

ratyip4

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 21, 2018 5:39 am

video file that doesn't play

Im getting "Video codec not supported" Error , transcoding is enabled, but still can not play

Windows 10
Serviio 1.9.2
Samsung UE40D6100
video is made with Git2 GitUp action camera , 1080p 60fps

i try'd Media Browser: it plays the videos on the PC, but on the TV i get only error. :(

Details attached!
Attachments
log.zip
zipped logs
(138.55 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
media info for servioo error not supported format.txt
ffmpeg details
(2.25 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
mediainfo git2 gitup 1080p 60fps .jpg
Media info
mediainfo git2 gitup 1080p 60fps .jpg (134.64 KiB) Viewed 3984 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon May 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Re: video file that doesn't play

What profile is assigned to your TV? My guess is the profile isn't calling for transcoding, but your video has H.264 L5.1 video, and I think your TV only supports L4.1 or lower. Can't say for certain, but my guess. You could try a different profile, such as the DirecTV profile, which transcodes everything.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

ratyip4

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 21, 2018 7:34 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply.

This profile was used as defaullt:
Samsung TV/ player (E/F-series) it was assigned automatically , i also try'd all Samsung profiles but, its the same. :(

I try'd Direct TV HD-DVR, i get the same error (pc, serviio was restarted)
I dont know much about L5.1 or L4.1 wich one is supported by the TV or not (if no transoding is starting at all...)

atc98092 wrote:What profile is assigned to your TV? My guess is the profile isn't calling for transcoding, but your video has H.264 L5.1 video, and I think your TV only supports L4.1 or lower. Can't say for certain, but my guess. You could try a different profile, such as the DirecTV profile, which transcodes everything.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed May 23, 2018 12:01 pm

The file is not being transcoded (from the log) and it probably needs to be for your TV.

Try this:
  • Edit the file \config\profile.xml
  • Find the sam_h profile - starts with <Profile id="sam_h" name="Samsung TV / player (H-series)" extendsProfileId="1">
  • Change the line in that profile
    <H264LevelCheck>FILE_ATTRIBUTES</H264LevelCheck>
    to
    <H264LevelCheck>ANY</H264LevelCheck>
  • Save the file
  • If Serviio Version 1.9.2 then in Serviio Console, Status tab (toward the bottom) press Stop Server and then press Start Server - this forces Serviio to reload the new profiles (if an earlier version of Serviio then restart your PC to reload the profiles)
See how that goes.

For the techo's: Even though the file is being tagged as a High 5.1 Level in the metadata/header that is contrary to what the file attributes are telling us (if I do the maths on the file attributes the file is only a High 3.0 Level) - see http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=get_h264_level. As the file attributes are 3.0 the transcode statement <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" /> is not being triggered when it probably needs to be. Setting the H264LevelCheck to ANY will use either the header info or the file attributes, whichever is higher --> the transcode statement should now get triggered.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed May 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Thanks DenyAll. I was unaware of that setting, and might be useful with the 4K H.264 files that I have that aren't being transcoded when I expect them to be.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

ratyip4

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 24, 2018 6:45 pm

Hey,

i changed the "H264LevelCheck" to ANY under the "H-series" , i get the same error again :/

DenyAll wrote:The file is not being transcoded (from the log) and it probably needs to be for your TV.

Try this:
  • Edit the file \config\profile.xml
  • Find the sam_h profile - starts with <Profile id="sam_h" name="Samsung TV / player (H-series)" extendsProfileId="1">
  • Change the line in that profile
    <H264LevelCheck>FILE_ATTRIBUTES</H264LevelCheck>
    to
    <H264LevelCheck>ANY</H264LevelCheck>
  • Save the file
  • If Serviio Version 1.9.2 then in Serviio Console, Status tab (toward the bottom) press Stop Server and then press Start Server - this forces Serviio to reload the new profiles (if an earlier version of Serviio then restart your PC to reload the profiles)
See how that goes.

For the techo's: Even though the file is being tagged as a High 5.1 Level in the metadata/header that is contrary to what the file attributes are telling us (if I do the maths on the file attributes the file is only a High 3.0 Level) - see http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=get_h264_level. As the file attributes are 3.0 the transcode statement <Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" /> is not being triggered when it probably needs to be. Setting the H264LevelCheck to ANY will use either the header info or the file attributes, whichever is higher --> the transcode statement should now get triggered.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri May 25, 2018 9:06 am

Surprising - did you check the file is still not being transcoded according to the log? Did you restart your PC just in case? You are still using the Samsung E/F profile?

Some things to perhaps try:
  • Try changing that line to <H264LevelCheck>HEADER</H264LevelCheck> and restart and test again
  • You could also add this line to the E/F profile (just before the <Transcoding> line) and see if that makes a difference but this is grasping at straws.
It should be getting transcoded by this line in the H profile (once it recognises this as a High 5.1 file)
<Matches container="*" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Serviio Support & Help